Wacky funk/rock/acoustic/jazz tune

The horn turned out cool...how'd you record it? I think you tried to make the mix a bit too loud...it gets muddy at times. Drop the volumes of teh tracks, and let them shine individually. When it's busy, things get a bit muddled. You wind up losing the acoustic, and horn at times. When it's less busy, it has some great sounds.

And, as always, this is one wild ride.... :D
I love this shit...I have to smile while listening. It conforms to no rules, and makes my mind wander...Clean it up a little, giving the instruments some space, and I'll like it even more.

As always...Sweet.... ;)

Dogman said:
The horn turned out cool...how'd you record it? I think you tried to make the mix a bit too loud...it gets muddy at times. Drop the volumes of teh tracks, and let them shine individually. When it's busy, things get a bit muddled. You wind up losing the acoustic, and horn at times. When it's less busy, it has some great sounds.

And, as always, this is one wild ride.... :D
I love this shit...I have to smile while listening. It conforms to no rules, and makes my mind wander...Clean it up a little, giving the instruments some space, and I'll like it even more.

As always...Sweet.... ;)

Thanks a bunch D-Man :cool: Glad you liked the horns, that's what I was most worried since I haven't recorded them much. This time I used two trumpet tracks, both with my SP B1, one was close at a lower volume, the other one was far away in the room blasting away.

I agree about the clashing, I'm not the greatest mixer and it doesn't help me when I have 15 itracks switching roles all the times. I really didn't know how this turned out, so I actually haven't EQed much. I didn't want to spend a bunch of time on it before I knew if the track was any good.

Thanks again D-Man, cheers to no rules :D

Hey Travis and Tele, thanks dudes, appreciate it! I haven't been able to record much lately because of computer problems, so I had a lot of fun with this one... glad you dug it! :D :)

A wild Snakedog party. I like the Bix Beiderbecke quote at the very beginning. Everything sounds well recorded. I hope no llamas were injured in the making of this music with the samurai swords, rampaging elephants and all.

Krazy man!!Love those horns!!!Sounds like Chicago or Blood Sweat And Tears on some bad(or really good :p ) acid!! Electric guitar lead levels may be a tad to high.Spacy wah sounds cool near the end....Acoustic guitar sounds nice! You always get good drum sounds on your jams! I dig it!!

Hey Snakedog...The whole piece is really cool man, but it really seems to gel nicely around 1:20...The guitars (wah/whammy/rhythms) are extra cool. I haven't ever been able to wring that much emotion out of my strat like that - cool....Good job....

Tim - I hate to admit it, but unfortunately ALL llamas were harmed in the making of this song. Just minor injuries though, like scratches, hair loss. Glad you thought the recording sounds decent, I'm using a studio projects B1 for everything now. Thanks for the comments :)

Axeman - Thanks! I'm kinda getting back into the horns, it's been years. Gives me more ammunition when jamming around like this. The drums on this one, I used the Simon combo of the Zeppelin Groove/Memphis Rocker... I'll remix a bit and adjust that solo volume too, thanks :D

Ido - Glad you enjoyed it. Appreciate the kind words. Always thought your songs are like an inspiration for emotion in tunes are here, always sound like you really mean what you're singing, with well done lyrics too :cool: :cool: Cheers guys, I'll re listen to this again soon and try to EQ everything better.

Heh expect the unexpected. Another wild ride at Snake's place. Swirling between and beneath all that mayhem and chaos are some cool melodies. Drums sound like a Bonham groove. Great stuff

Hey Bull, RAMI, Creepman, thanks!

RAMI - I know I have problems when I actually wrote this tune in such a peaceful canyon with just an acoustic... it was almost a lullaby, but then I get home and well this is what it turned into :D I finally made a myspace bandpage, I just added you, I'm "Dogs in Outer Space" now. Cheers.

Bulls - cool, thanks! Bonham's top on my list of drummers, just love the raw rocking wild style. For this track I actually put together a Simon Phillips loop called "Zeppelin Groove," so good call on that one.

Supercreep - that's all I really want is for people to hear the llama in my tunes. Glad you enjoyed it, the comments have inspired me to bust out the trumpet some more. Good times :cool:

Cheers guys... here's the new myspace page I made last night http://www.myspace.com/dogsinouterspace

Chaos & a horn section - this is a SnakeDog song obvioulsy.
trade mark lunacy & some nice ideas.

Back