Vola Guitars

Anyone have or tried these guitars?

I don't need anymore guitars, but you know how it is...

I like this one, wish they made it in a 6 string. I've never played a 7 string before. Take one string off? :)

Never hearing of Vola guitars, I can't comment on them. They look like swoopy variations of various Strat and Teles. My concern is that one of the things that makes a difference to me is the neck. There are certain shapes that just aren't comfortable for me. Carvin necks were one style I found I didn't like. At one point I was considering ordering one years ago, but playing a couple of used ones stopped that. Likewise, I don't care for the PRS guitars I've played, which is a shame because otherwise they are very nice guitars.

The 20% Restocking fee seems excessive. You're taking a chance on a guitar that you may or may not enjoy playing. If it's not for you, then you're out $200+/ through no fault of your own. I understand that shipping from Hong Kong is pricey, but that's not YOUR problem. That's their business model. It doesn't say if return shipping is your responsibility. Do they make you ship to California or Hong Kong?

The recourse would be to just sell it on the used market, of course. I'm not a flipper, I tend to keep things I buy. I also don't tend to buy things I don't really want.

All valid points, thank you.

The only guitar I've ever bought sight un-seen was my Ibanez RG550 Genesis. It has a very different neck then any of my other guitars (Tele / Les Paul), but I don't mind it too much. The Vola's look like the usual super strats, which I do like, hence my RG550. You are correct though, I don't think I need to take the chance on this one. I'm not a flipper either, and resale value would be dismal on this one.

Back