VF160EX recording and playback is -6.0% speed????

FreakInJones

I have a VF160EX that I have had for about 5 years and just recently realized that my last recording was as if the pitch control had been set to -6.0% and all playback when pitch set to 0 is at that speed. I cannot figure why. I am able to change the pitch to +6.0% to compensate but am worried there is an internal failure or software issue causing the problem. Can anyone help me to understand and fix this issue? Please reply.

Thanks,
FreakInJones

Also can't burn an audio cd for the same reason

I am now trying to burn an audio cd of the mixdown of rehearsal but the final tracks on the cd are at the slow speed and not the correct speed/pitch. I really need some help on this please. Do I need a version upgrade??

Thanks,
FreakInJones

ps PLEASE reply lots of people read these threads but never reply or try to help and not sure why that is..

I use a zoom h1 to mix down from a vf 160. Direct input to the zoom h1, from the vf160 headphone jack, lets you set the vf160 at whatever speed you want. Its easy to dump/select files from the zoom onto a pc and burn a cd from that.

The vf wont recognize pitch change for mixdown internally. Cant see why yours is doing that. good luck.

Did you try resetting the first setting the pitch to "0", then recording?

Did you boot up with an OS CD in the CD drive so you could re-establish/refresh your OS version?

Paj
8^?

Back