Very First song (Marvin's room copy)

tensyume

Hi guys, this is my very first stab at the Marvin's room; at anything.

I tried to imitate the original as best as i can, but still lack A LOT of things.

Please look over what I did and please tell/teach me what to do !

DISLIKES WELCOME. PLEASE CRITICIZE.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Marvin's Room- Bryan.mp3
    3 MB · Views: 12
I like your singing voice. It sounds real nice.

I'd suggest bringing it up a db or two. You might need to compress it (or a little harder if you are already). Parts of the vocal come through fine, other parts are a little tough to hear.

The instrumentation, particularly the rhythm, don't fit the type of song. At least in my opinion. This is a very intimate and personal song. The percussion sounds are a bit techno. I'd go with something a little more natural sounding. I think the same thing applies, although to a lesser extent, to the sound of the piano.

I think the song was has potential but as TripleM said about the percussion; the claps don't really fit the song at all and can be quite distracting and at times take away from the softness of the piano and the vocals. I also thought that the vocals were almost a little too soft both in volume and detail/sharpness (idk that might be affected by the mic you are using but an EQ boost might help). All in all a really nice song and I would enjoy hearing the finished product.

Back