Varieties of P-90s

I watched the Social Distortion rig run down last night and if memory serves it sounds like Seymour Duncan or someone custom makes his P90's. Handwires some stuff? I dunno. I could go back and fact check but it's saturday and i am recording.

But in all honesty after watching that rundown video he really doesn't give a shit if anyone figures out how he gets his tone. I think he is totally over talking about it. that much was really obvious. His Bassman mods are apparently top secret and had zero interest in discussing it. His new pedal has been sand blasted and disguised to hide it's identity and he spent more time talking about his stage props then he did anything else. I would translate that as a "Fuck you look at my stuffed monkey figure out your own tones and go home"

He's protecting that shit like it it Top Secret.

I lol'd a bit. Twobags seemed way more into the conversation than Ness and even then it was minimal. "It looks cool" seemed more important to him than anything else.

Here is some shameless Mike Ness tax. I'm the ugly one.

383383_896629935209_678146305_n.jpg

Lol! I've just been fortunate to be playing some killer gigs and have some nice pics taken of me lately. With my drumming gig, no one can get any good shots of me.

Maybe I can get a Marshall endorsement. :D

I watched the Social Distortion rig run down last night and if memory serves it sounds like Seymour Duncan or someone custom makes his P90's. Handwires some stuff? I dunno. I could go back and fact check but it's saturday and i am recording.

But in all honesty after watching that rundown video he really doesn't give a shit if anyone figures out how he gets his tone. I think he is totally over talking about it. that much was really obvious. His Bassman mods are apparently top secret and had zero interest in discussing it. His new pedal has been sand blasted and disguised to hide it's identity and he spent more time talking about his stage props then he did anything else. I would translate that as a "Fuck you look at my stuffed monkey figure out your own tones and go home"

He's protecting that shit like it it Top Secret.

I lol'd a bit. Twobags seemed way more into the conversation than Ness and even then it was minimal. "It looks cool" seemed more important to him than anything else.

Here is some shameless Mike Ness tax. I'm the ugly one.

View attachment 94659

Nice pic. I met him about 20 years ago. I'm not the biggest Social D fan in the world, but I've probably seen them live more than any other band.

He's only semi-recently been concerned with protecting his "secrets", which aren't really that secret. It's a modded Bassman - modded for a shit ton of crunch, Marshall Greenback cab, and he uses (or used to use) a Boss Super Overdrive. I've seen the pedal in person. He's probably tweaked a few things here and there over the years. And obviously, P-90 Les Pauls. When he isn't playing, his rig is quite noisy.

Nice pic. I met him about 20 years ago. I'm not the biggest Social D fan in the world, but I've probably seen them live more than any other band.

He's only semi-recently been concerned with protecting his "secrets", which aren't really that secret. It's a modded Bassman - modded for a shit ton of crunch, Marshall Greenback cab, and he uses (or used to use) a Boss Super Overdrive. I've seen the pedal in person. He's probably tweaked a few things here and there over the years. And obviously, P-90 Les Pauls. When he isn't playing, his rig is quite noisy.

Yes he is turning into an old curmudgeon. HaHa! YES that BOSS overdrive pedal. I have seen it a few times too. I was sort of surprised that hes gotten rid of it. He seems to not like change but when you watch that video man its gone. He bailed on it for whatever that new one is. Both he and the interviewer both made some comments about knowing what it was by the shape, but, damned if i know. I am not really a pedal kind of guy. Maybe a big muff? Maybe? Again, i'll just embarrass myself if i try to pretend to know. Either way his rig makes a lot of noise. It's socially distorted. lol. get it, socially distorted.

Maybe he just had his Boss re-housed to confuse people. Or could be somebody at Boss pissed him off and he decided not to give them free advertising.

---------- Update ----------

Gotta ask, who's the chick?

Maybe he just had his Boss re-housed to confuse people. Or could be somebody at Boss pissed him off and he decided not to give them free advertising.

---------- Update ----------

Gotta ask, who's the chick?

That thought crossed my mind. Rehoused. It's for sure a possibility. Idgaf really. I dig his sound for what it is.

Chick is my wife.

Oh, I do more than approve. I want to be next in line when she dumps your ass. :D

Seriously, tell her the internet thinks she is incredibly cute, or whatever it is the kids say these days.

I will now return to lusting after miroslav's studio.

I want to be next in line when she dumps your ass. :D

You are a creepy old man.

I had the privilege of meeting both of them in person. She's really sweet and Shan is a cool dude. They seemed really good together. I doubt she'll be dumping him.

You are a creepy old man.

True. It was a joke, but still, yeah, I'll cop to that. I used to just be a creepy young man. (sigh)

But really, creepy to me would have been if I'd made some sexual innuendo or crude comments. I was just saying that I thought she was a cutie.

haha. It's all good. I could have cropped out the necessary bits but that is a lot of work and i was in a hurry. But she loved the compliments.

Wife: "Just as long as they aren't icky internet dudes it's cool, besides i know thats the internet greg is on right? . He's badass. I'm not Not worried about it"

Me: 'K..."

That's a Klon pedal. And it really is a good pedal. They're overpriced in my oplnion, but what isn't! There are several clones that are just as good. One is the Soul Food by Electro-Harmonix. Excellent pedal that you can pick for 60 or 70 bucks new. If you have a good amp the Klon and it's clones make them better.

Holy crap! I'd wager that there are a lot of pro studios that don't have that kind of a setup. Especially the analog gear.

I don't think I could justify that if I had won the lottery.

It's been a 25-30+ year journey.

I didn't go out an buy everything all at once (as if I had won the lottery ;) )

Probably half the gear in the studio can be lived without...but it's not something that came out of a single plan. Stuff just accumulates, and I hate getting rid of anything... and GAS is always there.
I just bought another pedal yesterday...I've got a few dozen pedals, many of which I rarely use...but it was a $230 pedal that I scored for $135.

What can I say...it's a sickness, but I wouldn't want to go any other way. :)
I'll just add that I got no children to put through school or lots of mouths to feed...so as long as I'm still working, I can afford to keep adding stuff just because it give me pleasure. I mean, I don't have 20+ guitars because I need that many...it's just because I like guitars.

My goal was always to try and supply my studio as though I was running a commercial facility...so I wanted lots of options and choices...plus, I straddle the analog and digital worlds...so it makes my pile grow twice as much in many cases.

Back