Urgent help with mix, please!

fasterthanu

Hi,

I would really really appreciate some advice on this mix. I'm on a real deadline and have been working hard on it over the weekend and am now finding it hard to be either insipired or objective.

My thoughts are.

Verse guitar is too loud
Vocals could come up a bit
not sure about bass and drum separation - bass too boomy?
I think it sounds muddy
Too long? maybe cut the the bit at the end down in some way?

Any answers or help would be really really appreciated as i need to have this finished in the next couple of days.

Thanks in advance
J mac

I think the mix is quite clear as it is. I miss a little warmth in the mis though; it's like you tried to cut off low frequencies a little bit.

is this any help?

greetz

Bert

yes thanks, can i ask did you listen to it on headphones? I used the bbe sonic maximiser with the bass boosted a little and the psp v.warmer compressor on the master bus?

fasterthanu said:
yes thanks, can i ask did you listen to it on headphones? I used the bbe sonic maximiser with the bass boosted a little and the psp v.warmer compressor on the master bus?
I listened on headphones and monitors. On the phones, the guitar was a tad loud, but on the monitors they were just right.

This is a great rock and roll song!!! :)

I hate to rush these things but with this I don't have too much of a choice. I thought i had a good mix but on listening to on my friends stereo last night (which is known for it's crappy sound and out of shape eq) it sounded a bit all over the place, and ultimately made me question things. A good mix should still sound good and fairly balanced on any equipment right?

Any more thoughts / suggestions gratefully appreciated.

fasterthanu said:
Hi,

I would really really appreciate some advice on this mix. I'm on a real deadline and have been working hard on it over the weekend and am now finding it hard to be either insipired or objective.

My thoughts are.

Verse guitar is too loud
not sure about bass and drum separation - bass too boomy?
I think it sounds muddy
Too long? maybe cut the the bit at the end down in some way?

Any answers or help would be really really appreciated as i need to have this finished in the next couple of days.

Thanks in advance
J mac

Hey J MAc - I agree with your initial comments -
Verse guitar is too loud
Good catchy tune overall....just a bit of mixing and it'll be great....

Back