upgrading our studio

zebra

hello everyone,
How are you?

Soon i will be working with a studio who got a Yamaha grand wing, and has the potential to do live recordings.
Last time we recorded a jazz session ( drums dblbass piano sax and violin and we came to fair good results.
so this started me thinking to get better results for live recordings.
My idea is to achieve great recording with sdc and dynamic microphones, if we achieve that,
the studio has good potential of getting more work.
so i thought upgrading soundcard and better microphones for live recordings is a must

we are thinking what should be great to upgrade to make the studio better.

we have:
Yamaha grand piano
a good pc
mackie control 24ch
small yamaha speakers
24 PRESONUS/firepod soundcard Mic-Pres
alto typhoon 32/8
lots of hansen microphones
KM184 x2
oktava MK 012 x2
oktava mk 105 x2
M88/M201/M69/sm58/sm57/d112/d12
i got an allen&heath 24/8/2 gs3 i can install in the studio and also a mindprint dtc both to repair 1st.

we are thinking to upgrade

we want to get 1st the soundcard and microphones, the end of this year perhaps the speakers.
rme FF400
rme octamic 2
great speakers PMC or Genelec.
and we are willing to invest also on good dynamic microphones for acoustic instruments (strings brass drums) and one good LDC for vocal.
also a great dynamic mic for vocals should be great.

Have you got any ideas for us, let us know, am i thinking right or wrong is this? all feedback is welcome.
im doing my best to "make" not "break" the studio.

thanks for your time greetings peter

we want to get 1st the soundcard and microphones, the end of this year perhaps the speakers.
So, save the absolute most important purchase you will ever make, on which you will base every single sonic decision, till after you can't hear what you're doing accurately for a long time...?

at home i got event 20/20 type bass speakers. but mostly mportant now for us is to record in quality.

Back