upgrading my tascam 788 to version 2.02

croquet

Hi as a newbie i'm running version 1.10 on my tascam 788 and i have a CDR burner and i need the files to upgrade to version 2.02. Does anyone have the files and could they send me a copy please?:confused:

It's been awhile, but I do have a copy of the software Ver 2.02 upgrade somewhere. I think you have to have Ver 1.10 on your 788 for this upgrade to work.

Send the e-mails and I'll get sent as soon as I find it.

OK , a kind soul has sent me the upgrade files and it worked! My 788 is now running v2.02. I have the files and can send to anyone who needs them. PM or email me and I will get back to you.

hi i just bought a tascam788 and cd-rw788 but my software version is 1.02 can i connect cd burner to the portastudio with this version without any problems? can i update directly to version 1.10? and can any one get me the software for version 2.02 please? and also tell me the correct entry for scfi cable? since it didn`t come with its manual i`m kind of lost out here please help me, some one.:)

Hi my name is diego Im searching for awhile where to download the files for firmware upgrate to my tascam 788. please could anyone send it to me?
thanks a lot, sorry my poor english.
my email mastifal@gmail.com

I have just purchased a 788 with a CDRW. I am hoping that there is someone that has the latest upgrade. Mine already has version 2.00.

Hi, Ive just bought a 788, is it possible to transfer wav files from the 788 to a pc using scsi to usb cable or something similar? I know you can burn to a cd writer but i dont have one and prefer using a pc studio to mix like reason or cubase

Hi, Ive just bought a 788, is it possible to transfer wav files from the 788 to a pc using scsi to usb cable or something similar? I know you can burn to a cd writer but i dont have one and prefer using a pc studio to mix like reason or cubase

If your sound card has an S/PDIF input, you can import 2 tracks at a time with that. Do not hook the SCSI to anything other then a recommended CDROM or Hard Disk. Doing so may permanently damage the Tascam.

Last edited:
As long as this popped up again,...

I could use the 2.02 f/w upgrade too. Mine is currently in a box, but I think it's v1.10. I have the CDRW drive.
PM me here. Thanks!

Please verify the version is 1.07 or higher. Anything lower and the upgrade will fail. I do have the ISO and upgrade instructions. The following site has more info.
788 TIPS

I'll send you a PM with links to the files.

Got it!

I'm not sure when I'll do the v2.02 upgrade, but I'll put it on my list of things to do. Got the image file and instructions. I'll break the 788 & CDRW788 out of their boxes soon. Will report back.

Thank you!!!
:spank::eek:;)

I was quite happy when I upgraded mine. The first time I recorded a live give was before the upgrade. I filled the original drive and was unable to get the recording off directly. I had to play it back and record it to another device. I also could not directly export a wave file to CD.

Now I have a 64G drive in place. I can record 2 tracks at 24 bit for over 10 hours. That still leaves the other 3 partitions to work with.

Back