Upgraded my Bass Amp

J

jokerone

I bought a practice amp. (Ampeg BA-110) about a year ago.

I went to Sweetwater's Gearfest last weekend and upgrade to a Ampeg Portaflex.

I picked up the amp head (PF-500) on ebay. But bought the cabinet (PF-115HE) at Gearfest.

Should show up before Friday.

thanks.

Good on ye! Did you keep the 110?

Yes, but here is the problem. The 110 developed a problem with the input jack. Since it was still under warranty, and I was headed to Gearfest I drove it up to Indiana and dropped it off with Sweetwater's service dept. They didn't have ready in time for my return trip so they will ship it. The plan was to swap the Poraflex cabinet out and the Wife wouldn't notice the difference. She will notice it showing up with the FedEx delivery. :eek:

Its almost brand new. I bought it about 13 months ago. Its only been moved into the studio when I bought it and moved out last week when I took it with me. So the plan is to get $50 or $75 for it locally.

When I told my wife she had no clue I even had it. That big black box??? Nope.. You don't remember seeing there?? Nope.. :wtf:

:)

So, whereabouts are you, that you had to drive 'up here'?

At that price, I could be in the market, depending on location, etc.

So, whereabouts are you, that you had to drive 'up here'?

At that price, I could be in the market, depending on location, etc.
Hey, I came in here to see Kate's boobies!

What gives?

I live in the St. Louis Area. Alton, Il to be specific.
For $75 I'll even throw in a photoshopped picture of any nude Royal you want.. :D

Last edited:
Hmm. This is definitely NOT the time for me to be buying more shit, but...

Well, I guess by the time you factor in the gas, the time it would take that I'd have to put my mom in respite care, it doesn't come out to be particularly cost-effective.

Don't suppose there's any chance you're coming to JamFest in Sept. is there? Or are going to be heading up I-70 again any time in the near future?

I'm going back and forth between Indy and Terre Haute (just over the Indiana/Illinois line on 70) a lot, if that gives you any idea of distance/time. Not that far, but just far enough to be really inconvenient.

Hmm. This is definitely NOT the time for me to be buying more shit, but...

Well, I guess by the time you factor in the gas, the time it would take that I'd have to put my mom in respite care, it doesn't come out to be particularly cost-effective.

Don't suppose there's any chance you're coming to JamFest in Sept. is there? Or are going to be heading up I-70 again any time in the near future?

I'm going back and forth between Indy and Terre Haute (just over the Indiana/Illinois line on 70) a lot, if that gives you any idea of distance/time. Not that far, but just far enough to be really inconvenient.

I assume you are in Indy? Too bad I didn't post something earlier, but then again, I didn't have it with me on the way back. The little thing does have great tone. I'm comparing it to the new Portaflex. If it had an XLR out I doubt I would have bought the portaflex. I guess they have to have some reason for you to up-buy. :D

It is a bit farther than I'm wanting to drive, plus you would want some sort of electrical source to plug it in and try it, and I don't think I-70 rest stops have them.. :)

Hell, I-70 in Illinois hardley even has rest stops, period.

I do hear they're gonna get 'lectricity purty soon, though.

:D

Hell, I-70 in Illinois hardley even has rest stops, period.

I do hear they're gonna get 'lectricity purty soon, though.

:D

Hitting all the construction zones last weekend taught me something. Illinois workers have flood lights, barricades, and all sorts of stuff. I get to Indiana and I see this flashing red bicycle light in the dark and it turns out to be some poor schlub rolling traffic barrels off the road with the light on his helmet. I guess this is why Illinois is broke. :D

Back