Upgrade or not

baz66

I am a little confused here.
I have studio one basic and I don't know if I should upgrade or not.
I have a midi controller (keylab 49) that works fine. I can record midi no problem but I can't use the sounds that come with the program that comes with it.
Aren't they plug ins? (analog lab) I can see that the upgrade to producer has rewire. Is that what I need. I know most people won't know much about S1 but surely it basically does the same as other Daw's.
I should add that the keylab has no L/R outputs to get audio so when I record midi, I have to drop one of the NI or presonus sounds in and it works.
I'd like to use some of the 5000 sounds that come with analogue lab. Is this possible.
Sorry. I'm reading manuals as fast as I can but this tired old brain doesn't function as good as it used to.
Barry

Barry, sounds like you have just a MIDI interface. Meanwhile you can look at the MIDI thread, most of your question can be answered there.

List all of your equipment and we can go from there.

Barry

Studio One 'Free' and 'Artist' don't allow third party VST plugins: you can only use the provided set.

The 'Producer' upgrade lets you install VST stuff, and the 'Professional' upgrade unlocks the mastering module.

Kym

Then it is worth it. I'll go ahead and do it.
David.
Presonus audiobox usb Korg pa3x,keylab 49. zynxz 802 and I've just reinstated my kn 6000 from mothballs. Works like a dream.
I'd forgotten how good this KB is.

I learned something about Studio 1 today.

Barry, Reaper is something to think about, from the list, sounds like you have a good base system. Just your VSTs are the issue with Studio 1.

Back