Uhhh suggestions for a board

dkimcohn

I've got couple of equipments a microkorg, turntables, grooveboxes, samplers, I would like to connect everything to a uhhh multiple channel mixer? for simple live gigs and home use.
Of course there are tons of boards out there.
I'm looking for something that I could connect about 5 pieces of equipment...
Hmmm price hmmmm 300 to 500. Something that'll do the job nicely.
To wrap it up I just want something that I could connect to my equipment, play and enjoy....it's a really broad question but what brands should I consider, and what should I not get.
Thanks

dkimcohn said:
I've got couple of equipments a microkorg, turntables, grooveboxes, samplers, I would like to connect everything to a uhhh multiple channel mixer? for simple live gigs and home use.
Of course there are tons of boards out there.
I'm looking for something that I could connect about 5 pieces of equipment...
Hmmm price hmmmm 300 to 500. Something that'll do the job nicely.
To wrap it up I just want something that I could connect to my equipment, play and enjoy....it's a really broad question but what brands should I consider, and what should I not get.
Thanks

Yamaha MG series mixers are pretty good. You will need a pnono pre-amp for the turntable.

Mackie 1604 VLZ PRO wouldn't be bad for that situation. They seem to be pretty solid, quiet mixers.

Cool Guys thanks...one board question

hi thanks for your response
I have one question though...I know I could find this answer in a book, but I think that a direct response from experts would facilitate my answer.
I kind of understand how to use a board, but what are the buses for exactly....what is it for?
And also can someone explain me regarding the aux send and aux return...when to use it and stuff.
If you guys have time I'll appreciate your response.
Thanks

Back