Trump on Trial!

No one should be qualified to run for Congress, senate, or president without an extensive history of public service. Putting rich dudes in there just because they had a successful business is a crock. No more actors, all star wrestlers or rock stars. Put in nurses, doctors, ex military, etc, and make public service the first requirement.
I agree with that. The Starship Troopers scenario. Heinlein was a genius.

*But in the meantime I'd vote for anyone who could play piano with his dick.

I just don’t think Zelenskyy has good control or experience to be in his position, that’s all. Maybe he does, but I just don’t see it so far.

What the hell is going on? Now you have to do that captcha thing to see YouTube videos????

Is this the forum or YT??

No one should be qualified to run for Congress, senate, or president without an extensive history of public service
I'd like to agree with that because it seems eminently sensible. But it doesn't necessarily jibe with the reality of human experience. Some people find themselves when thrust into the pressure situation.
Putting rich dudes in there just because they had a successful business is a crock
I agree with that if that is the only reason. But even that can net surprises. We're very adaptable as human beings.
No more actors, all star wrestlers or rock stars
Vitali Klitschko doesn't seem to have done badly.
But there seems to be an implicit suggestion that someone that is a wrestler, actor or rock star doesn't have what it takes to be a good politician by dint of their former profession. I beg to differ.
Put in nurses, doctors, ex military, etc, and make public service the first requirement.
Like Beverly Allitt, Lucy Letby and Harold Shipman ? No thanks ! Look across the continent of Africa and the number of heads of state that came to power through military coups in the last 60 or so years. They were heads or high-ranking officers in their respective armed forces. And The majority of them wrecked their countries.

I think there are many leaders who would have folded by now. He's not one of them.
Good for him!
I think he will fold. Unfortunately, and probably because of the reasons I’ve said. Right now what he has is some very effective too-notch brilliant military equipment at his disposal and solid training on how to work it correctly. This is a money pit.

I agree with that. The Starship Troopers scenario. Heinlein was a genius.

*But in the meantime I'd vote for anyone who could play piano with his dick.
It comes in handy (no pun intended) when both hands arenpushing red launch buttons but you really need that third missile to fire simultaneously.

Harris has been getting some good media face time with Zelenskyy as they prepare her for her new role as POTUS if Biden wins.

This is the person I’m really worried about most. Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome the President Of The United States of America:

Back