Trump on Trial!

We can only imagine how large Bill Clinton's yearly hush money budget was and perhaps still is. Clergymen, themselves, have been guilty of allowing their little head to do their thinking for them. It's not a felony, or a capital offense. It's their stupidity and their own social arrogance at fault here, not to mention the harm and untenable positions they have put their spouses, family, and supporters in.

Does anyone here not know about FDR and his secretary, or JFK and RFK simultaneously tapping Marilyn Monroe or Eric Swalwell and his Chinese spy girlfriend?

There are multitudes of problems in this country that citizens, and politicians at every level should be focused on in lieu of sorting out who has been sleeping with whom.

As it stands today, nobody cares any longer about Tiger Woods and his stable of overpriced hookers, and how he destroyed his family in the process of his indiscretions. Everyone forgave him.

It's weird that Democracy, itself, wasn't in jeopardy during the Clinton/Lewinsky episode, but now, Democracy, itself, is in extreme jeopardy if Trump isn't convicted, goes to prison, thus preventing him to be elected again as POTUS.

Us Americans are rapidly becoming our own worst enemies.

As it stands today, nobody cares any longer about Tiger Woods and his stable of overpriced hookers, and how he destroyed his family in the process of his indiscretions. Everyone forgave him.
There is a difference with Tiger: Tiger apologized. I think we owe it to each other to forgive, but only if someone sincerely seeks forgiveness through owning up to whatever they did. I can’t speak about Tiger’s sincerity, but I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Seems like he’s matured a lot.

Trump has literally said he doesn’t need forgiveness because he doesn’t do anything wrong.

because he doesn’t do anything wrong.
Ever. Under any circumstances. He's avoided wrongdoing of any kind whatsoever over the course of his entire life. The guy's a fuckin cherub. A Saint. Just ask him, he'll tell ya. Him and Mother Teresa. And the Dalai Lama. Peas in a pod.

If the Dem machine had come up with ANYONE other than Biden this stupidity would not have been necessary. This just insures the Democratic party has committed suicide. Coming back from this will require a totally new approach.

I think the takeaway is that he broke the law. And is now being held accountable.

I've broken the law. And was held accountable.

Another takeaway....

You want to be President of the United States - the most high profile position in the history of the universe? Don't be a person who wantonly flouts the law. That goes for anyone... not just this despicable pig.

I think the takeaway is that no matter how much you dislike Trump this is a bullshit case that should never have been brought. I Find this bullshit embarrassing for the country. We are reduced to this? This is Democratic electioneering in the modern world? Shameful.
I'm not a Trumper. There's not a helluva lot to admire about the man as a man, husband, or a father, but he was an effective POTUS, who did, irrespective of Porterhouse's opinion, Trump did manage to keep enemies of the U.S. at bay, on edge, and in fear. That's a skill set, regardless of his nearly 50 years as a politician, that Biden has never possessed and never will.

Truthfully, it's a bit disappointing that neither party has offered up alternatives, avoiding a cluster fuck of a rematch.

I think the takeaway is that he broke the law. And is now being held accountable.
Biden broke the law too. On one of the same charges Trump faces. The prosecutor said he broke the law but...

This is the age of shades of law. What's yer party? Who are yer allies and enemies? What can I get out of it?

Not so clear cut as once it was and still should be.

Biden broke the law too. On one of the same charges Trump faces. The prosecutor said he broke the law but...

If the circumstances of the wrongdoing are/were identical or nearly identical Biden should be held accountable. That's my position on that. I don't believe they were identical or nearly identical by what I've read. Trump was significantly more brazen, deceptive, and uncooperative with regard to the documents thing. Don't understand or agree? Then we disagree.

Same with Hillary Clinton. If there is/was an indictable offense - take her down. I don't know her. She's not my friend or my mom. Even if she was... the law is the law.

It's not - but the law should apply to everyone. If someone's been done a favor for whatever reason... I'm not ok with that.

BTW- from what I could tell - that prosecutor who recommended no charges for Biden was a Trump appointee and I assume he would have preferred to have the goods on Biden. I'm happy to be corrected if I'm wrong about that.

This is the age of shades of law. What's yer party? Who are yer allies and enemies? What can I get out of it?

Not so clear cut as once it was and still should be.
Perhaps four or five decades from now descendents of newcomers will have read the Constitution and Bill Of Rights and appreciate.

If the circumstances of the wrongdoing are/were identical or nearly identical Biden should be held accountable. That's my position on that. I don't believe they were identical or nearly identical by what I've read. Trump was significantly more brazen, deceptive, and uncooperative with regard to the documents thing. Don't understand or agree? Then we disagree.
Shades of law. I disagree. It is or isn't legal. All the other shit can be debated in the penalty phase. A fine, jail time, slap on the hand...? That's where arguments about egregiousness should be pursued. The underlying truth is whether a crime has been committed or not. There are no degrees of guilt or innocence.

Shades of law. I disagree. It is or isn't legal. All the other shit can be debated in the penalty phase. A fine, jail time, slap on the hand...? That's where arguments about egregiousness should be pursued. The underlying truth is whether a crime has been committed or not. There are no degrees of guilt or innocence.
I kind of agree, but at the same time we already have an over-burdened court system. You going to give someone a ticket for driving 36 in a 35, then make them go to court to get a warning? Or just bust the guy doing 50 in a 35? Maybe speeding is too ridiculous of an analogy. Prosecutorial discretion is either a good thing or a bad thing depending on how well it’s executed.

Edit to add that in cases of people with as much power as the potus, I guess I’d error on the side of prosecution. Shine as much light on that shit as we can.

Prove it. So far, the witnesses haven't been able to do it.
Prove it? How would I do that? I'm just some schmuck with an opinion.

Let me rephrase for someone who is looking to be difficult: Since a professional prosecutor has suggested that Trump has broken the law - I believe there's a good chance that he has. If in fact he has - and it can be proven beyond the shadow of doubt (as they say) - then I think he should be held accountable.

Back