Trouble With the Leaves...(The Dark Side Of The Cheese)

stratmonkee

Started this one yesterday and finished this morning, lots of guitar synth courtesy of my vintage ehx micro synth pedal , and ehx mel9. Was shooting for classic early 70s Floyd Meddle era Gilmour sound, used Big Muff and Tape echo on my pod go. Bass is my Squire classiv 70s vibe thru pod go ampeg bass model.Drums are arranged from various loop and samples from beta monkee. Spoken work courtesy of British Brian. Wondering how this 1st mix sounds...

The wah chorus bits would do better if they were more in sync. It sounds like the groove is falling apart.

Really, really like the groove and the vibe you got on this one.

Well executed all around.

Guitars and synths sound good. Bass sounds good for the most part - tho it's got some low notes that "boom through" every once in a while.

Drums are pretty far back in the mix. The snare is really slappy. The kick doesn't have a ton of power. Cymbals sound pretty good.

Good use of reverb. I'm not a big fan of a lot of verb. But it worked well here.

I agree with Triple, I thought there was some rumbly bits. And that is on small speakers. Liked the guitars, synth seemed to take away from the vibe. Just an opinion.

Other than the rumby low parts, pretty easy to straighten out, fine mix.

cool man PF like.
Cool, thanks for listening!
The wah chorus bits would do better if they were more in sync. It sounds like the groove is falling apart.

Really, really like the groove and the vibe you got on this one.
Agree dobro, I don't think the drum track I made really grooved the way I wanted, especially on that part, I have since replaced the entire drum track, and re arranged the song a bit, I may still re do the bass track as well, have not decided. Thanks for checking it out, the original link now plays new version if you want to check out the changes.
Well executed all around.

Guitars and synths sound good. Bass sounds good for the most part - tho it's got some low notes that "boom through" every once in a while.

Drums are pretty far back in the mix. The snare is really slappy. The kick doesn't have a ton of power. Cymbals sound pretty good.

Good use of reverb. I'm not a big fan of a lot of verb. But it worked well here.
Thanks Triple M, Struggling with Bass guitar lately, have gone back and eq'd it a bit to hopefully tame the boom. Re did the entire drum track, hoping they sound a little better now.
I agree with Triple, I thought there was some rumbly bits. And that is on small speakers. Liked the guitars, synth seemed to take away from the vibe. Just an opinion.

Other than the rumby low parts, pretty easy to straighten out, fine mix.
I did try to lower the pad/drone synth part, agree it was a little much, but I've been addicted to synth pads in my music recently :>). Tried to tame the low end. Thanks for listening!

Here is a link to the new mix (original post also plays new mix)

Really liked it.
Reminds me of Steve Hillage.
Not much wrong with it at all.
Wow, Hillage is one of my all time guitar hero's, so high praise indeed! Thanks for listening!
Frank would approve of this. The wah section sounds a bit out, but it isn't in the grand scheme.

Interesting song!
Cool , yeah that wah is actually an old EHX micro - synth , can get kind of Zappa'ish ;>). Thanks for listening and commenting, I appreciate the feedback!

love that breakdown after the introduction.
i think the EHX thing would work better if there was a parallel guitar part that was straight (unaffected) and then you blended that ehx part into it

nice noodly guitar parts. i love that fuzz.

Whoa. Did not expect that. Love the trippy vibe. Mix sounds good, everything nice and separated and distinct. Yeah.... the fuzz is a super cool touch. Bass tone is tough, dig it!

Great to hear the familiar sounds of the wonderful EHX Micro Synth :love:

I had one in the early 80s and used it extensively for around 5 years before it died :cry:.

Back