Adaline

stratmonkee

MY friend wrote some lyrics for me, so I attempted to make a song out of this...used my Martin acoustic primarily on this, solo bit in the middle is a takemine nylon string classical guitar. Bass guitar used was squire classic 70s vibe p-bass. synth sounds where the martin thru a ehx string 9 and ehx mel9. Wondering how mix sounds, my ears are pretty wiped out for now :>)

I like the acoustic rhythm guitars.

To me the bass tone doesn't fit the vibe of the song. I'd prefer something a little warmer and rounder. This tone has a fairly strong attack, fairly trebly, lot's of fret scrapes, etc. I'd like something a little less aggressive sounding.

Vocals have a bit too much treatment to me. Some pitchiness. They're buried in spots too.

I like the orchestral pad instruments.

I like the nylon string guitar, but it's getting clobbered by the rest of the stuff going on when it's playing.

Drums overall I thought sounded good.

You have a good song structure and melody going on. With practically 'any' real drum track it would sound a 1000X better.

You have a good, very organic song going on here, and the drum machine doesn't help it along.

EL

Intro and into the song definitely has a good vibe this is one of those songs I'll enjoy at a concert. Very good rock vibe going on here.

Irwin
Thanks for the listen, glad ya dig it!
I like the acoustic rhythm guitars.

To me the bass tone doesn't fit the vibe of the song. I'd prefer something a little warmer and rounder. This tone has a fairly strong attack, fairly trebly, lot's of fret scrapes, etc. I'd like something a little less aggressive sounding.

Vocals have a bit too much treatment to me. Some pitchiness. They're buried in spots too.

I like the orchestral pad instruments.

I like the nylon string guitar, but it's getting clobbered by the rest of the stuff going on when it's playing.

Drums overall I thought sounded good.
HI TripleM, agree on the bass, its a new bass and I have not changed the strings yet and the set on the bass (P-Bass) where very bright and clangy, have since restung with some roto sound round wound strings and adjusted action a little, plays a lot better now and less clanky and bright. I think I will retrack the bass now :>)
Will look at the vocals, I did record the backing vocals with a fairly strong reverb level off my board, which was probably a mistake as cant adjust afterwards :>/ should redo those as well... pitchiness is tough for me as I'm working on my singing. Will look at the levels during the nylon string part..I do have a synth thats pretty up front, as well as the mel 9 pedal "string" parts. I love that pedal but tend to over do it a little :>)
Thanks as always for your feedback, appreciate your comments!

You have a good song structure and melody going on. With practically 'any' real drum track it would sound a 1000X better.

You have a good, very organic song going on here, and the drum machine doesn't help it along.

EL
Thanks for listening Eric, wish I could do "real drums" just a little beyond my situation at the moment ....maybe able to rectify that soon! I agree it would be so much better with real drums :>)

I Love the laid back way you sang this. Very nice. I did feel the main vox could have been a little more centered in the mix.
The nylon guitar sounded Real nice I thought you did a good job of capturing the acoustics.
I like bright strings on my bass , but the squeaks can be problematic . When you do isolate the frequency it's still hard to get it out properly.
I Really enjoyed this. Great job on this mix , hope to hear another one .. mark

MY friend wrote some lyrics for me, so I attempted to make a song out of this...used my Martin acoustic primarily on this, solo bit in the middle is a takemine nylon string classical guitar. Bass guitar used was squire classic 70s vibe p-bass. synth sounds where the martin thru a ehx string 9 and ehx mel9. Wondering how mix sounds, my ears are pretty wiped out for now :>)

Great song - entire thing sounds like demo- which isn't bad - but you got the song right.

I Love the laid back way you sang this. Very nice. I did feel the main vox could have been a little more centered in the mix.
The nylon guitar sounded Real nice I thought you did a good job of capturing the acoustics.
I like bright strings on my bass , but the squeaks can be problematic . When you do isolate the frequency it's still hard to get it out properly.
I Really enjoyed this. Great job on this mix , hope to hear another one .. mark
Thanks! I am currently re visiting the mix with the feedback I've received in mind, will definitely look at those vocals! Thanks for the listen!

Nice track. Ebbs and flows really well, almost Beatlesque in the way it builds. Good job
Thanks Bulls Hit, I did want this song to have some noticable dynamics, working on a re mix now to hopefully highlight those a bit more.
Thanks for the listen!

Back