Transferring Multitrack Reels Into Computer?

I don't think ANYONE anticipated that sticky shed would be a problem with Ampex tape 25 years in the future. They had an excellent reputation to that point, and their products were the standard for performance. While you had lots of people using Maxell, TDK, BASF, AGFA and Scotch tape, in the pro world, Ampex was usually the preferred option. It's like the old saying that "nobody was ever fired for specifying IBM", 456 was going to be the recommended tape.

As they say, hindsight is 20/20.

Ah, so they’re probably not good at the lottery too! Seriously though, thinking about it, it just goes to show that these are simply marketing deals, and not something the technical people get involved with.

:giggle: I'm 100% with my lottery predictions. Every time I've looked at someone's ticket, I've been able to say with confidence "that's not the winner!" I haven't been wrong yet.
Ah, so they’re probably not good at the lottery too! Seriously though, thinking about it, it just goes to show that these are simply marketing deals, and not something the technical people get involved with.

Back