Tomorrow - a more mainstream me

I'm not feeling this one, buddy. As usual you did a supremely great job, but this is like Poison or something. You're way, way better than this! :D :p

As for the mix, less acoustic and more vocals. I think the new toy/sound made you favor it a little too much. It's understandable. Just know that you could drop the acoustic more and we'll still know it's there. Fantastic vocals, they need to be louder. The rest sounds pretty good.

I'm not feeling this one, buddy. As usual you did a supremely great job, but this is like Poison or something. You're way, way better than this! :D :p

As for the mix, less acoustic and more vocals. I think the new toy/sound made you favor it a little too much. It's understandable. Just know that you could drop the acoustic more and we'll still know it's there. Fantastic vocals, they need to be louder. The rest sounds pretty good.

Ha,ha,.......Poison....oh no , now I've really reached rock bottom....:o:laughings:
Well, I needed something fast to test the new toy and this was the only thing lying around....but I promise to get back to the heavy stuff soon, cross my heart.:D And this isn't gonna make it onto the CD anyway.
Thanks for listening, Greg!

Anyway, here's a new mix: http://www.box.net/shared/7khjyivhs8

I played with the acoustics' EQ, pulled them way back in the heavy parts, tried to get the voice out a bit better.

I wonder if you could mic the 12 string a little closer to the sound hole. It's missing some lower mids. It almost has an "auto harp" sound to it. Just missing some fullness.

Good hook when the chorus kicks in. I liked the distorted guitar in there. Good singing. You could probably turn up the vocals a db or two in the chorus.

It sounds cool dude. At least you don't sound like every other voice on the rock radio station. Pop music has been pissing me the fuck off the last few months and as time goes on I'm becoming more critical of the music I'm tortured with. That said, I was able to listen to the whole thing and it wasn't too bad. :D

I wonder if you could mic the 12 string a little closer to the sound hole. It's missing some lower mids. It almost has an "auto harp" sound to it. Just missing some fullness.

Good hook when the chorus kicks in. I liked the distorted guitar in there. Good singing. You could probably turn up the vocals a db or two in the chorus.

There's a lot of compression and EQ on the 12str, the best thing would be to start processing it from scratch. Don't know if I feel like playing the whole thing again right now.;)
Thanks for the comments!

It sounds cool dude. At least you don't sound like every other voice on the rock radio station. Pop music has been pissing me the fuck off the last few months and as time goes on I'm becoming more critical of the music I'm tortured with. That said, I was able to listen to the whole thing and it wasn't too bad. :D

Thanks Phil! I have forbidden bad pop music within 100 feet of me....:D
Glad you could listen to it and hope it didn't remind you of Poison.....!:drunk:

Ha,ha,.......Poison....oh no , now I've really reached rock bottom....:o:laughings:

Sorry dude, that may have been too harsh. :o

I just meant it sounded like a 80's hair ballad and it just kind of caught me off guard. You did everything very well, I just like my Joey music to be more Maiden and less Winger. :D :p

Cool Joe - the song is really strong, I love everything from guitars to vocals. Definitely put this on your album!!! It reminds me of Bryan Adams and Bon Jovi and some Daughtry. This could become your Bed of Roses....

...I'll listen to the new mix later...But I just gotta say that you should be proud of this song! Pop, Punk, Poison, Puke...who cares! Put it on an album for sure! I think the lyrics are great and you rarely hear insightful lyrics these days. Most classic metal artists have that "one song" on their records, most dudes skip it when their in their cars and in a metal mood, but it's got to be there.

:cool:

Sorry dude, that may have been too harsh. :o

I just meant it sounded like a 80's hair ballad and it just kind of caught me off guard. You did everything very well, I just like my Joey music to be more Maiden and less Winger. :D :p

No hassle, bro, I know what you mean. Can't win 'em all now, can we?;):D

Cool Joe - the song is really strong, I love everything from guitars to vocals. Definitely put this on your album!!! It reminds me of Bryan Adams and Bon Jovi and some Daughtry. This could become your Bed of Roses....

Thanx Gerry, guess it's kind of more "relaxed" than usual.;)

...I'll listen to the new mix later...But I just gotta say that you should be proud of this song! Pop, Punk, Poison, Puke...who cares! Put it on an album for sure! I think the lyrics are great and you rarely hear insightful lyrics these days. Most classic metal artists have that "one song" on their records, most dudes skip it when their in their cars and in a metal mood, but it's got to be there.

:cool:

Thanx Brad, guess if I hadn't liked it a little bit, I wouldn't have recorded it.
Here are the lyrics in case anybody wants to know what it's about (maybe they can explain that to me later, so I'll know too....:D)

Tomorrow

I dreamed I was roamer on a long dusty trail
Feet were getting tired
I felt sunken again
But I walked on that endless horizon

I dreamed I was a whisper carried on the wind
A steady reflection
In a roadside inn
And I felt eyes looking right thru me

I’ve been waiting for a messenger to come
To show me how to walk on
Without looking at the sun
But I know there’s no-one there
To show me how it’s done
‘cos tomorrow never comes

I dreamed I was a singer with an endless song
Couldn’t see an audience
When I looked they were gone
But I sang on in deafening silence

I’ve been waiting…..

I dreamed I was a fortress in the middle of the sand
Beaten by the four winds
But I stood my ground
And I felt the stone
Slowly it crumbles, slowly it crumbles

There's a lot of compression and EQ on the 12str, the best thing would be to start processing it from scratch. Don't know if I feel like playing the whole thing again right now.;)
Thanks for the comments!

Back off that compression. I bet that alone will improve the sound quite a bit.

I dont have anything to say about the mix that hasnt been said already.....overall...this is real cool..........as far as Poison....those guys only wish they could write and play like this..your lyrics are real good too!
Great work very commercial (i mean that as a compliment)

I dont have anything to say about the mix that hasnt been said already.....overall...this is real cool..........as far as Poison....those guys only wish they could write and play like this..your lyrics are real good too!
Great work very commercial (i mean that as a compliment)

Thanx a lot, man, I feel better now;):)

i think the second mix nails it for me.....much better balance with the vocals and between the two guitars at the beginning

I know folks love your maiden style stuff but in truth I never listened to them (or poison for that matter)...I like this, the wife just walked by and asked who was that? she impressed

I cant see why you would leave this off anything you release, this is very close to being the best you've finished here, commercial or not

like someone said earlier..its the kinda track the guy skips forward, but its his chicks favourite...in fact its the only one she really likes at the gig...the rest rock too much for her

sounds all too familiar :laughings:

....See! I told you about the wifey-wow-factor....very important hit barometer! :D

Random question: Since we all do love our Joey more Maiden than Poison, is there a better mix of that "Holy Diver" cover you did? Do we have to wait and buy the record? I want to show some of my students a Dio cover that's better than 'Killswitch' !

Back