Time for some pussy tunes

CrankyOne

Ok, here's the deal. I decided to redo a midi song I did four years ago (in September). This time around I used real guitars and some better sounds. The song is mellow, so all of you expecting a thrashing metal tune can skip it. :D

-EDIT-

Oh, and the song is about 3:40. Winamp messes with the song length because it's VBR.

I loved it.. Nice sounds and playing all around! I even like the synth bass..

nice organ! :eek:

damn..

I may have to try and lay some vocals for my head.. :)

Damn. You even liked the synth bass eh? That's a big compliment coming from you, since you don't like synth basses. But anyway, I'm hoping to get a real bass this year. I really really hope I can get it. Yeah, it could work with vocals too, but I didn't plan on doing any. I couldn't do any vocals anyway, since I can't get any private time here. :(

I haven't got any new ideas lately, so maybe I should "re-master" my older songs in the meantime.

Hey Cranky,
......nothin wrong with a pussy tune now and then:D This is very nice man, nice choice of sounds. I too am hearing tons of vocal options here. .......Im looking forward to hearing yours.

Very nicely done bro, G

Pretty cool man.Nothing pussy about that....I thought it was gonna be some Pet Shops Boys wuss stuff from the title of your post.:eek:

Nice changes throughout.

nice enough.....but I thought Samicide used synth basses all the time....or much of the time.

I'd take a wider piano sound. ...but Grandma's organ sounds pretty cool.

Midi drums? These sound pretty good. A bit haunting, I like this. Nothing sounded too fakey to me at all. Actually I was half way done listening when the guitar solo kicked in and I remembered you said a midi song. This is a nice song, and I usually don't say this, but vocals would be cool :cool:

Great job! :D

mixmkr said:
nice enough.....but I thought Samicide used synth basses all the time....or much of the time.

I'd take a wider piano sound. ...but Grandma's organ sounds pretty cool.

Yeah, I tried to get the piano beefier by using some reverb, but I guess it didn't work that well. And it was a mono piano sound, not like, you know, the lower keys panned to the left and higher to the right side of thing...

Yeah, Samicide (and his buddy'o'pal B.Sabbath :D ) does use the synth basses, but I can never tell because he tends to mix them so well with the guitars that they sound like one big chunk of awesome monster-wall-of-sound guitars to me (hey, don't get too cocky, though :D )

The piano definitely could be deeper or wider sounding, but i don't really know much about synths, so i don't know if anything can be done about that. The organ is really nice, kinda vibes across the stereo field.......a nice and haunting piece........yeah, the synth bass sounds nice and fat too

mixmkr said:

I have been slacking on the last few tunes.. my basses need some work.. I usually always prefer real bass, but synth bass has it's place.. like in this tune. I guess it depends on whos working the buttons..

Cranky, I have been playing with a few vocal ideas over this tune.. When I finish it I'll send it to you, and you can hide it from the rest of the world if you wish.. :)

I really like this, and it is easy to sing over..

B.SABBATH said:

I have been slacking on the last few tunes.. my basses need some work.. I usually always prefer real bass, but synth bass has it's place.. like in this tune. I guess it depends on whos working the buttons..

Cranky, I have been playing with a few vocal ideas over this tune.. When I finish it I'll send it to you, and you can hide it from the rest of the world if you wish.. :)

I really like this, and it is easy to sing over..

I'm looking forward to hearing those ideas. It's kinda weird (in a good way) that an old song of mine makes somebody want to sing rather than, for example, vomit :D

what sound modules? those drums were pretty good for midi sounds. this song did have a very autumn feel to it. nice job.

JR#97 said:
what sound modules? those drums were pretty good for midi sounds. this song did have a very autumn feel to it. nice job.

The drums are a soundfont I've made myself. I didn't actually record the drum sounds. I gathered the drum sounds from around the internet and some of them I modified to make them suit my needs more.

Nice tune,the guitar sounds were great,as was the playing!
Definitly Phantom of the Opera organ there,cool.
Is it a real one?

Good tune!

Pete

CrankyOne said:
It's kinda weird (in a good way) that an old song of mine makes somebody want to sing rather than, for example, vomit :D
:D
:D
Nice tune man....the levels seemed a little low to me....nice solo....the piano ...well everyone's already told you about that.....good organ.....kind of a haunting little guitar figure....I like it !

muzeman said:
Nice tune,the guitar sounds were great,as was the playing!
Definitly Phantom of the Opera organ there,cool.
Is it a real one?

Good tune!

Pete

It's not a real organ. It's a B4 plugin.

i like your bass and guitar tone. the guitar tone sounded a bit like brian may to me....mebbe to my ears.

i felt the organ shld be a bit more back in the mix. mebbe a touch of reverb wld help.

all in all a great song! we're all waiting for the vocals dude.

kb

Nice one you got here. I like your guitar playing and drumming. The bass is satisfying and everything's tight. The sound is great. Why'd you mix the guitar so up front and the organ above the piano? If you listen to stuff by the Band and Procul Harum, they pretty much balance everything - I used to wish sometimes that they'd mixed Trower's guitar louder, but the mix required balance.

Gee, really nice guitar work starting at 2.00. The piano at 2.35 sounds like it's way at the back of the stage though. Bring it up - that stuff you got going between the piano and the drums is lovely. :)

You get good ideas.

Now I'll read the others comments... :D

Well, I was gonna' wait to comment until this was in danger of falling off the front page, but I don't that's ever gonna' happen, so here's my 2 cents.

SOUNDS GREAT!

I liked the panning on the drums. The tune doesn't exactly move me until the lead starts...then I'm moved. Nice sustain. You're a monster, in any genre of music.

Back