This picture proves it all - ADK Quality

It's a valid point. If a 'Ribdon' is some kind of 'ribbed ribbon' that doesn't blow so easily under high SPL, yet still sounds like on of Han's classic Beyers (or a Coles), then it could quite easily be the bargain of 2005!

If it's a typo ... well maybe TapeOp can add them to their group order for a knock-down price. :)

noisedude said:
It's a valid point. If a 'Ribdon' is some kind of 'ribbed ribbon' that doesn't blow so easily under high SPL, yet still sounds like on of Han's classic Beyers (or a Coles), then it could quite easily be the bargain of 2005!

I wouldn't be that optomistic unless they come up with a wireless version.

Hey Alan, I have the Apex version of this mic.

1). Thanks for the background info.

2.) I took the can off the bottom, and it doesn't look obvious as to how to take the rest of it apart. Does anyone service these yet, or are they disposable ribbon mics?

tia,

sl

This is all fine and dandy but what the hell has that guy in the photo got on his head? It looks like a lampcord turban.

snipeguy said:
This is all fine and dandy but what the hell has that guy in the photo got on his head? It looks like a lampcord turban.
I was wondering the same thing... it looks kool, I want one. :)

A friend told me he heard if you buy about 1000 or more Chinese made mics you can get them really cheap… and it cost a little more to have your company name put on the mics along with the Chinese factory name… and a little more to have just your company name on the mics… and a little more to pretend you are the designer… and later you could hire a mic designer to continue saying your company designs your our mics… and then again later you could open a small shop so you can say your mics are design and made by your company in the USA, Australia or wherever. Plus it seems the Chinese mic factories will even make you counterfeit mics if you want.

DJL said:
A friend told me he heard if you buy about 1000 or more Chinese made mics you can get them really cheap… and it cost a little more to have your company name put on the mics along with the Chinese factory name… and a little more to have just your company name on the mics… and a little more to pretend you are the designer… and later you could hire a mic designer to continue saying your company designs your our mics… and then again later you could open a small shop so you can say your mics are design and made by your company in the USA, Australia or wherever. Plus it seems the Chinese mic factories will even make you counterfeit mics if you want.
Infuckingcredible!!!

DJL said:

I imagine that's probably true. Good job no-one's stupid enough to try it though ... unless you're making an accusation ... in which case, let's hear it!

noisedude said:
I imagine that's probably true. Good job no-one's stupid enough to try it though ... unless you're making an accusation ... in which case, let's hear it!
I have no reason not to believe what he said either... anyway, that's what I was told.

DJL said:
:confused: I'm not following you? :confused:

I find it hard to believe that you're really that thick-headed. Wait, no I don't.

You should work for a tabloid, because you have a knack for spinning innuendo and half-truths into an actual story. Get over your obsession with CCC's (cheap chinese condensers) and move on to something more productive, like running some of your many supposed businesses.

chessrock said:
Yea, just ask the Oktava guys about that one. :D
Yeah no kidding, and if I was Oktava I'd be really ticked off about my mics being counterfeited by some Chinese mic factroy too.

And who knows what your really buying these days with all the rebaged and counterfeit Chinese made mics on the market today.

Last edited:
DJL said:

sure, and then your company will get sued for false advertisement. I don't see the logic in your statement, unless these company's really think that they can get away with it, which is ridiculous, but hey, so are alot of the actions of corporations around the world, so who knows...

...so DJL, it seems you have the inside track on this sort of stuff... what companies out there are doing this? I'm just curious so that I can avoid them...

...oh, and i heard the sky was falling too...

...sorry, just my n00bie-ish two cents (nearly worthless).

On the contrary, I think those are very worthwhile comments. Just be aware that there are other forums on the net which don't harbour slanderous and libellous comments, so if you get sick of them here, you can still get help elsewhere. Lots of people find themselves leaving this site because of that lack of moderation.

It's not a total type-o, it's a trasposition type-o, they meant, 'Ridbon,' but they also forgot to capitalize the b. It was supposed to be 'RidBon.' b/c it has that extra dB of boost.

Someone can't tell that there's 2 identical adjacent characters even in a different language? Wow.

Back