this is supposed to be a rock thing....?

I am a novice when it comes to settings.... both recording, and most electronics.
I was happy tohave been able to record anything listenable....
tho not real good, it gets across the feel of the song...
still need to add a vocal track, but recording just this is a win for me..
with the mistakes and all....still working on it......
what do you all think ?
SG

Attachments

• u gotta rock.mp3
    3.2 MB
Yeah.. it's a little loose, but you've got a good foundation to work off of. With that guitar hanging out there all by itself your playing seems a little sloppy, but might fit in nicely with a few more instruments. I'd like to hear some cleaner playing and some more room reverb.

I used your mp3 player's Playback Speed option and set it at 1.25 . . . sounds pretty good there.

Last edited:
I am a novice when it comes to settings.... both recording, and most electronics.
what do you all think ?
SG
Id have to hear in the context of a song - as a stand alone it is disjointed and doesn't make a lot sense - the guitar is recorded okay - although @spantini has a good idea about speeding it up a little - much more interesting sound.

The track is a little loose but pretty good. If you put a basic drum loop behind it and added a bass track & vocal I think you'd be surprised how much it would lift it

Once you get in a few bars it gets rolling nicely. I've been jamming on bass with the speeded up version. I like that kind of guitar picking, I call it chicken picking, a little like Aerosmith's Walk This Way.

Thanks for the feedback,... I have been playing that for like 2 hours at a time, trying to clean it up, and make it the same every time.

The wife saysafter 10 minutes I should just stop......
The trick to getting anything down is over and over and over........right?
S

Yes, I believe the old school method is to play until your fingers bleed. Then go another 2 hours.

By the way, this was recorded using a BLUE 'Yeti' USB mic and a real tube guitar amp I built from a kit, and effects from a DOD multi pedal.
I think it came out OK, but I continue to refine and clean up the sound.
New recording coming soon, and I am learning how to add more tracks....
S

what do you all think ?
SG
Hey SG, I remember seeing you on stage, and listening, at Jamest 6, all by yourself, in the early Saturday afternoon playing your 6 or 12 string.

Kudos to you for continuing recording!

What you have recorded thus far, is a solid foundation to begin upon.

Back