The Walking Dead

damn at this point in time I wish I lived in america, or at least have american tv somehow, instead I have to wait till friday :(

Wow - a gruesome and tragic season beginning. Don't want to put any spoilers in for those who didn't see it last night. Surprise at what happened at the end.

Wow - a gruesome and tragic season beginning. Don't want to put any spoilers in for those who didn't see it last night. Surprise at what happened at the end.

Yeah dude!!! I was pretty shocked but having read the graphic novels (aka comics :D lol) I knew it was going to happen some time or another :(

I'm still holding out for Beth (Hershel's daughter) to survive, even though I know she is probably the member with the best chance of being cannon fodder. I wuvs her lol

Well now I know there's a twist! I'm gunna spend the whole hour guessing what it's going to be ahhhhhh!

^^IT crowd reference, I doubt you've seen it though given it's an english show and I presume your american since you watched the walking dead last night. There is an americann version though but I watched it and it was absolute bollocks!

Yeah, that was a pretty decent premiere. Guess I won't get into specifics, but I will say that season 3 is off to a good start.

Kind of a bummer to have to get this in one hour installments again. I got used to being able to watch episodes back to back if I wanted and one hour just didn't seem like enough.

Yeah, that was a pretty decent premiere. Guess I won't get into specifics, but I will say that season 3 is off to a good start.

Kind of a bummer to have to get this in one hour installments again. I got used to being able to watch episodes back to back if I wanted and one hour just didn't seem like enough.

Haha same here! I only saw the first two seasons like 4 weeks ago so I was watching like 2-3 per day with no commercial breaks lol. It's like rehab...

thought it was brilliant! maybe even better than every episode last season apart from the finale.
not sure what I think about hershal, never was my favourite character but I feel kinda sorry for him. The ending was cool, I kinda expected it though, given that it's like the last part of the game "dead island". I think they might become like a group together or something, but theirs probably some baduns' there.

thought it was brilliant! maybe even better than every episode last season apart from the finale.
not sure what I think about hershal, never was my favourite character but I feel kinda sorry for him. The ending was cool, I kinda expected it though, given that it's like the last part of the game "dead island". I think they might become like a group together or something, but theirs probably some baduns' there.

Well there is a chance Hershel won't die...so far his character's storyline is parallel with another's in the comics, and that guy's leg gets cut off and he doesn't die. So there's hope! :p

Well there is a chance Hershel won't die...so far his character's storyline is parallel with another's in the comics, and that guy's leg gets cut off and he doesn't die. So there's hope! :p

I've never read any of the comics, much prefer, well I would say the "real thing" but what I mean is where it's on tv and all the zombies have come to life (on the screen, not in the story line ;) )

Yeah, but they showed a simple cross over a grave in the previews, so I don't think Herschel is going to make it. Besides, last season they revealed the secret from the lab - everyone is already infected, I assume that would include Herschel, so the amputation was really just more gore for the thrill of it. :drunk:

I think he's going to survive...at least for a while.

The producers/writers revealed that they intended to kill him off at the end of last season, but they liked him so much in the finale, that they changed it and had him survive. I can't imagine they'd kill him off immediately after that, but you never know. The actor did get busted for DUI just a month or two ago, and that did make me a little nervous about his fate.

I hated him as a character at first, but something snapped and now he's such a loyal Rick disciple, that I really like him.

I don't think the infection kicks in until someone dies, so if the amputation was successful, he's ok. Of course eventually, everyone is screwed...

Yeah, but they showed a simple cross over a grave in the previews, so I don't think Herschel is going to make it. Besides, last season they revealed the secret from the lab - everyone is already infected, I assume that would include Herschel, so the amputation was really just more gore for the thrill of it. :drunk:

It's true that everyone is already infected, BUT nothing happens regarding that until you die. Regardless of how you die, if your brain is intact, you come back as a zombie! All the bite itself does is kill you, like a really poisonous snake bite or something lol. Since they whacked his leg off in a hurry, he might be ok.

I didn't like him as much at first either, but when he started to agree with rick I didn't mind him

I gained respect for Hershel when he was like "This is my farm" and was going all Rambo on the zombies with his shotgun :D

I gained respect for Hershel when he was like "This is my farm" and was going all Rambo on the zombies with his shotgun :D

Yes, that was legendary. How many rounds did that shotgun hold anyway? He was just tearing into them for like 5 minutes straight!

For me, his big moment was when they found him all hammered in that bar and then he saw how Rick was willing to take lives to defend the farm and then he snapped out of it and started kicking zombie ass. I loved that episode.

Yes, that was legendary. How many rounds did that shotgun hold anyway? He was just tearing into them for like 5 minutes straight!

For me, his big moment was when they found him all hammered in that bar and then he saw how Rick was willing to take lives to defend the farm and then he snapped out of it and started kicking zombie ass. I loved that episode.

Haha yeah in the video game world we call that "God Mode"...having unlimited ammo and never being seen reloading :D

Bahhh can't wait for the new episode. I've got a bad feeling that my favorite character Beth will soon kick the bucket... :(

Back