The Walking Dead

Lol yeah that group of marauders was so dumb. How were they even still around if they murder each other every 5 seconds?

I couldn't sleep last night so I re-watched this episode and laughed when the Rick-under-the-bed scene came up. I thought of your line I quoted here. What a bunch of dummies.

I couldn't sleep last night so I re-watched this episode and laughed when the Rick-under-the-bed scene came up. I thought of your line I quoted here. What a bunch of dummies.

For real! Like, I"m pretty sure they kill one of themselves right at the moment when Rick is awoken on the bed. Then you've got the dude who chokeholds the other guy, but he still looked like he was breathing. Then they start blasting each other when Rick runs away at the end....ridiculous lol.

For real! Like, I"m pretty sure they kill one of themselves right at the moment when Rick is awoken on the bed. Then you've got the dude who chokeholds the other guy, but he still looked like he was breathing. Then they start blasting each other when Rick runs away at the end....ridiculous lol.

Well, not to defend the dummy characters, but I think they started blasting each other because the dead dummies (the choked out guy and the guy that was taking a shit) had turned into zombies. Remember, in Walking Dead world, you don't have to get bitten to turn into a walker, you just have to die. It's in everyone.

Well, not to defend the dummy characters, but I think they started blasting each other because the dead dummies (the choked out guy and the guy that was taking a shit) had turned into zombies. Remember, in Walking Dead world, you don't have to get bitten to turn into a walker, you just have to die. It's in everyone.

Oh yeah I guess that was it!

Oh yeah I guess that was it!

Yes, that was the whole point of Rick opening the door to the bathroom after he killed the guy. I didn't get it immediately, but my son explained to me that Rick was essentially leaving a zombie time bomb to help cover his escape. Brilliant.

Zzzzzzzzzzz...

Good lord, that was boring.

Next week looks pretty good, although I feel like I've been saying that a lot lately.

Yeah, it was. Seems to be the pattern as this season starts - one episode with just one of the separated groups, then next episode they meet up with others. Way too slow a personality development process.

Last edited:
I actually really liked last night's episode because Daryl and Beth are two of the deeper characters on the show and also two of my favorites. Plus Daryl's freakout was pretty awesome. lol

I think it's pretty obvious by now that the entire group won't be together until at the very earliest the season finale...where they will all arrive at "Terminus" evidently.

Maybe the worst episode yet. And that closing song? Holy shit, some fucker made money for that horrific piece of shit. Sad.

I binge-watched seasons 1-3 in digital format, and I really enjoyed it. But I've been watching seasons 4 & 5 week-to-week and it really exposes how little substance is in each episode. Slow movement and cliffhangers aren't so bad when you can get some instant gratification by simply queuing up the next episode. But the level of frustration these past couple of seasons is really starting to piss me off.

I binge-watched seasons 1-3 in digital format, and I really enjoyed it. But I've been watching seasons 4 & 5 week-to-week and it really exposes how little substance is in each episode. Slow movement and cliffhangers aren't so bad when you can get some instant gratification by simply queuing up the next episode. But the level of frustration these past couple of seasons is really starting to piss me off.

Yes, this. It started out on fire, and now it's bleh. I only watch now because I'm already this far into it, I might as well see it to the end. Which hopefully comes soon. I want it to be good, I really do, but it aint anymore. :(

I think one reason it feels like the show is moving so slowly now is that no one in the group really hates anyone else. All the cool people who created conflict, like Merle and Shane or the prisoners even, are dead and gone. All the situation where people could possibly hate one another (Tyrese-Carol for instance) haven't come around because all that crap is buried and may or may not get brought up again. :(

Bring back the bad people! :thumbs up:

Hell, just bring back some action. Some killing. I want the fucking zombies to win a few rounds. This thing has gotten far away from cool horror action and has gone balls deep into lame ass soap opera territory.

Agreed. I can't even remember the last real character on the show who got killed by zombies. It must have been like early last season with T-Dog or something.

Daryll in the house while Beth excaped was decent action, although not much actual gore. The flashback intro with Daryl and Glenn meeting Bob had me confused for a while.
3 more episodes this season? We haven't seen Tyrese, Carol and the kids for 3 weeks, looks like one of the kids gets it next week. We haven't seen Rick, Carl and Michonne for 2 weeks now. Too much personality 'development' - come on now, we've known most of these characters for a few seasons - and not enough plot development.

Guess I'm going to be the odd one out this week. As much as I disliked last week's episode, I thought this one was great. Darryl did some serious ass kicking and Maggie taking them out with that street sign was awesome.

I thought there was plenty of advancement of plot this time, and I liked that they raised some new questions to be answered later, instead of just having characters reveal more about themselves.

I too was confused by the intro though. Not sure what they meant to reveal about Bob there?

I liked this week's episode too. I like the Daryl/Beth storyline, and I'm bummed that she got nabbed. What's the chance that she's headed to Terminus? Or if the band of raiders from a few episodes ago were the culprits. Or if said raiders were the ones that Daryl hooked up with. And, is the raider boss gonna be like Merle II for Daryl? There is just a lot of cool plot potential in several of the story threads they have going. I'm hoping that the new showrunners are actually capable of fleshing them out instead of having everybody run in circles like in previous seasons.

And judging by the "next time on..." previews, we have to suffer more Tyrese and the Baby story next week. Ugh. I never thought that I would be in a place in my life where I would be hoping for a baby to get zombified. But that baby has got to go, it's such a crappy story line. I say Tyrese should set up a babysitting date between the baby and the psycho tween bunny killer. Maybe they should spend a weekend together...

Back