The REAL world cup!

Didn't watch it. I was at West Ham for one semi and watching my lad play footie for the other, but as far I have seen it so far this tournament The Pumas have been a more exciting side to watch than the Aussies.

Yeah, not. They might have tried to be but they executed their attempts poorly in the main, and it's all about the execution, isn't it...

Yeah, not. They might have tried to be but they executed their attempts poorly in the main, and it's all about the execution, isn't it...

I was talking about the whole tournament. But seeing as how you mention it, yes, Scotland were far better than the Aussies on the day. It's all about how they executed their game plan. Its just a shame they were denied a shot at the Pumas because of a poor referring decision...:)

---------- Update ----------

Aussies are such poor winners...:p

Its just a shame they were denied a shot at the Pumas because of a poor referring decision...:)

Aussies are such poor winners...:p

You're assuming that if a scrum was awarded instead of a penalty, with time to play, Scotland would have won then...

If anything changes in any sequence of events such as a football match, everything afterwards changes.

You're assuming that if a scrum was awarded instead of a penalty, with time to play, Scotland would have won then...

If anything changes in any sequence of events such as a football match, everything afterwards changes.

I'm not assuming anything. I'm applying your analysis. Scotland were the better side, Scotland executed their game plan better, Scotland were the better side, Scotland should have won. Even the governing body came out and said so...

I couldn't give a fig if Australia is a "Colonial baby" thats just broad brush semantics... If you apply your rationale on who we should support as a neutral we should be applauding Scotland. You said it not me.. "They might have tried to be but they executed their attempts poorly in the main, and it's all about the execution, isn't it... "... sound a bit like the Aussies in the Scotland game..?

I just pointed out that Scotland did exactly what you claim is the per-requisite for neutral support. That is all.

I'm not assuming anything. I'm applying your analysis. Scotland were the better side, Scotland executed their game plan better, Scotland were the better side, Scotland should have won. Even the governing body came out and said so...

I couldn't give a fig if Australia is a "Colonial baby" thats just broad brush semantics... If you apply your rationale on who we should support as a neutral we should be applauding Scotland. You said it not me.. "They might have tried to be but they executed their attempts poorly in the main, and it's all about the execution, isn't it... "... sound a bit like the Aussies in the Scotland game..?

I just pointed out that Scotland did exactly what you claim is the per-requisite for neutral support. That is all.

Say what now?

I said the largely English crowd on Saturday will support the Kiwis because they're not Australia. We'll see if I'm correct. Don't know how the Aus v. Sco match got drawn into that supposition. I'd always expect Eng to support Sco in Sco v Aus. This is what happened.

World Rugby said in Sco v Aus, after viewing all the angles on replay, the correct decision should have been a scrum, but that there was no possibility of Joubert referring it to the TMO. So, yes, he made a mistake. Then I said that assuming that decision was a scrum doesn't necessarily guarantee a Sco victory in the match, although certainly they had the advantage of being in front at the time. We'll never know.

No idea what else you're on about and I'll leave this thread for now because it's going nowhere and I'm not hugely into arguing on the internet, which is where we've come to. I shall return to gloat / admit the better team won on the day, depending upon the outcome, after the match. :thumbs up:

Say what now?

I said the largely English crowd on Saturday will support the Kiwis because they're not Australia. We'll see if I'm correct. Don't know how the Aus v. Sco match got drawn into that supposition. I'd always expect Eng to support Sco in Sco v Aus. This is what happened.

World Rugby said in Sco v Aus, after viewing all the angles on replay, the correct decision should have been a scrum, but that there was no possibility of Joubert referring it to the TMO. So, yes, he made a mistake. Then I said that assuming that decision was a scrum doesn't necessarily guarantee a Sco victory in the match, although certainly they had the advantage of being in front at the time. We'll never know.

No idea what else you're on about and I'll leave this thread for now because it's going nowhere and I'm not hugely into arguing on the internet, which is where we've come to. I shall return to gloat / admit the better team won on the day, depending upon the outcome, after the match. :thumbs up:

What else I'm on about?

I'm just pointing out the nonsense behind all the recent posts you've made and their various claims that they demonstrate an anti Aussie agenda, that people should support a team purely based on the execution of their game plan, and using broad brush semantic statements about "Colonial babies" as a lame justification.

Go back read through your recent posts. They are contradictory, unsupportable in the fact and just a perceived anti Aussie bias from the British public. You asked who the majority of the British would be supporting in the final. I and KC said the AB's they will be. They are the better side. Australia have probable been the fourth best side in the tournament to date.

Come on, Armistice. It's the world cup - you can take a bit o'banter!

He can certainly hand it out.;)

Oh, and just checking...

England actually went to war against Argentina a few decades back, yes? And there, today, was the largely English crowd at Twickenham, feverishly supporting the Argentinian team solely because they WEREN'T AUSTRALIA.

Bit humbling for you ... :laughings:

Abasement - not just a room under the house. :spank::spank::spank::D

Who's smug? I'm talking about the reticence of the English to support one of their colonial babies under any circumstances, instead preferring to barrack en masse for a country they were at war with 30 years ago, just because they're not Australia.

As with all things British though we are not allowed to respond in kind...;)

Scotland were the better team, I would not be surprised if there is match fixing involved and the Australians are thrown out of future tournaments for cheating and for being like Arkansas with a beach...

Also they are all bogans

Go kiwis, a truly decent nation

Malvinas and Gallipoli!!

I'm rooting for the Aussies now. A kiwi spilled his beer on my bar mat last night so thats them black listed.

Bloody sloppy drunks..:drunk:

Nope, I'm back with the AB's now. Some Aussie shop staff bloke called my wife "luv"... Thats just not on. :RTFM:

Come on the Kiwi's...

They were good, the all Blacks. They've never really looked like they even might have got beat all tournament.

And that makes it 2 in a row!!! What a finish!! And.. Dan's the man!!

LOL - where have you been? Thought you might reappear.:D

Well played ABs. Our lineout skillz deteriorated at the crucial time, alas - glimpses of what could have been in the second half but they just didn't play well enough after the second try, and that's all she wrote:mad:

Back to real life.

LOL - where have you been? Thought you might reappear.:D

Well played ABs. Our lineout skillz deteriorated at the crucial time, alas - glimpses of what could have been in the second half but they just didn't play well enough after the second try, and that's all she wrote:mad:

Back to real life.

Been busy... finish my law degree in Dec so I have been working my ass off...

Bum clenching stuff when the Wallabies showed their form early in the second half. Two great tries and NZ was holding its breath. But that drop goal and the final try was just awesome! One of the best finals ever...

Back