The REAL world cup!

Oh, and just checking...

England actually went to war against Argentina a few decades back, yes? And there, today, was the largely English crowd at Twickenham, feverishly supporting the Argentinian team solely because they WEREN'T AUSTRALIA.

Bit humbling for you ... :laughings:

Abasement - not just a room under the house. :spank::spank::spank::D

Oh, and just checking...

England actually went to war against Argentina a few decades back, yes? And there, today, was the largely English crowd at Twickenham, feverishly supporting the Argentinian team solely because they WEREN'T AUSTRALIA.

Bit humbling for you ... :laughings:

Abasement - not just a room under the house. :spank::spank::spank::D

I think you will find Argentine went to war with England...

Now where are those Ashes...?

I think youll find Argentina went to war with the UK...my step bro fought there and he wasnt english or argentinian

I had an argentina top Id wear to the rangers games, not that I want my bro shot, just wanted rangers fans to lose their heads

I think youll find Argentina went to war with the UK...my step bro fought there and he wasnt english or argentinian

I had an argentina top Id wear to the rangers games, not that I want my bro shot, just wanted rangers fans to lose their heads

Ha, I did that as I have a big branch of Argentine family. They used to send me Argentine shirts and I would wear them all the time during the "conflict". If I 'd known it would piss off the Rangers fans I'd have visited..:)

They used to go fucking nuts, loads of celtic fans wore them...i loved Argentinian football after the 78 world cup...i remember not knowing other countries were any good at football only two years before even though I watched the 74 world cup and european games :facepalm:

They used to go fucking nuts, loads of celtic fans wore them...i loved Argentinian football after the 78 world cup...i remember not knowing other countries were any good at football only two years before even though I watched the 74 world cup and european games :facepalm:

74 had the wonderful Cruyff team. They were special even though the Hun did them in the end...

I'll be interested to see who the crowd supports in the final.... we being the underdogs this time, and all.. :)

Every time. Unless of course all those Aussies that are famous for rooting for the Brits in a neutral contests persuade me other wise I will be cheering for the better rugby team..:)

AB's..

Every time. Unless of course all those Aussies that are famous for rooting for the Brits in a neutral contests persuade me other wise I will be cheering for the better rugby team..:)

AB's..

And naturally you were "rooting" for Los Pumas in the match just gone... never, in any evaluation, would they have been regarded as the better rugby team, and they weren't. So it's "anyone but Australia" as I said earlier... :eek:

We'll see how it pans out - we're the only team to beat the All Blacks this year, and historically, at Twickenham, across all World Cups, we've played 15 matches and won every single one. And the ABs were hardly stellar v. South Efrica. There is reason for optimism - however if I had to bet the house, I'd probably go ABs.

BTW, where's wilko? I know he buggered off from this place but you think he'd come back in a stir the pot a bit just because... he was our only New Zulunder, I think.:)

---------- Update ----------

And as for you.... :mad:

:laughings:

And naturally you were "rooting" for Los Pumas in the match just gone... never, in any evaluation, would they have been regarded as the better rugby team, and they weren't. So it's "anyone but Australia" as I said earlier... :eek:

Didn't watch it. I was at West Ham for one semi and watching my lad play footie for the other, but as far I have seen it so far this tournament The Pumas have been a more exciting side to watch than the Aussies.

Aussies should never have been playing the Pumas. Go kiwis, crush them like ants, or any other small insect.

Nobody likes a smug Aussie

Who's smug? I'm talking about the reticence of the English to support one of their colonial babies under any circumstances, instead preferring to barrack en masse for a country they were at war with 30 years ago, just because they're not Australia.

Back