The definition of woke?

What does it illuminate for you, and why do you care if I watched it? What have I said that you are getting ready to take issue with?

Did you watch it?

Why so cautious, i'm not getting ready to set you up, relax.

The situation there in Amherst Mass illustrates the problems encountered when liberal woke culture gets what they want, some of the things you espouse. To begin with, and I'm not saying it in particular has been your position, it just sets the stage. When you remove from the picture or position of influence and authority....or in the preferred language of the left, power, or perhaps the white patriarchy....the conservative white man, someone inevitably will by necessity become the oppressor, as required in victim culture. It implodes upon itself. Even those on the left such as "The Young Turks" are in a sense getting red pilled observing the absurdity of the situation, the disfunctionality, the distraction when kids are supposed to be in school to learn. I might add, they're failing their children, but some of those white liberals are blind to it, still supporting that mess while sending their own children to charter or private schools, which were it happening in a conservative setting would be bad. On that subject, in (some) liberal enclaves they are doing away with gifted and/or accelerated learning programs. It's not serving anybody, it's just dumb.

Anyway, there is a lot to unpack in that vid. Why do I care if you watched it or wish to comment, talk about it?....why does anyone here care what others think on any particular subject matter?

Did you watch it?
Most of it. Think I got the gist. I am particularly busy this week.
Why so cautious, i'm not getting ready to set you up, relax.
You called out me specifically. We usually get heated.
The situation there in Amherst Mass illustrates the problems encountered when liberal woke culture gets what they want, some of the things you espouse. To begin with, and I'm not saying it in particular has been your position, it just sets the stage. When you remove from the picture or position of influence and authority....or in the preferred language of the left, power, or perhaps the white patriarchy....the conservative white man, someone inevitably will by necessity become the oppressor, as required in victim culture. It implodes upon itself. Even those on the left such as "The Young Turks" are in a sense getting red pilled observing the absurdity of the situation, the disfunctionality, the distraction when kids are supposed to be in school to learn. I might add, they're failing their children, but some of those white liberals are blind to it, still supporting that mess while sending their own children to charter or private schools, which were it happening in a conservative setting would be bad. On that subject, in (some) liberal enclaves they are doing away with gifted and/or accelerated learning programs. It's not serving anybody, it's just dumb.
We probably agree more than disagree. Does the left get ridiculous? Of course. I laid out specific examples where I personally draw the line including things like trans athletes or people identifying as animals etc being too far. When things get pushed too far left, we get stuff like that. When things get pushed too far right, we get discrimination that encroaches on people just living their life who have the same right to life, liberty and happiness etc. I believe that’s the main point I’ve been making this whole time.

If you disagree with that, I’m open to that discussion.
Anyway, there is a lot to unpack in that vid. Why do I care if you watched it or wish to comment, talk about it?....why does anyone here care what others think on any particular subject matter?
I only asked what I said that made you call me out specifically.

After careful reading throughout this thread I still don't know what woke means besides the opposite of asleep. It seems everyone has their own definition.

Most of it. Think I got the gist. I am particularly busy this week.

You called out me specifically. We usually get heated.

We probably agree more than disagree. Does the left get ridiculous? Of course. I laid out specific examples where I personally draw the line including things like trans athletes or people identifying as animals etc being too far. When things get pushed too far left, we get stuff like that. When things get pushed too far right, we get discrimination that encroaches on people just living their life who have the same right to life, liberty and happiness etc. I believe that’s the main point I’ve been making this whole time.

If you disagree with that, I’m open to that discussion.

I only asked what I said that made you call me out specifically.

Eh, not really. You guys can discuss it if you wish. For me, it grows tedious. I just found it was somewhat humorous given the speak of the extreme right attempting to scare people, there is no right extreme or otherwise involved in the situation in that Amherst Mass school. I suppose it could be argued the "extreme right" has/is making efforts to prevent such lunacy in schools. Schools are for learning, education purposes, not a social experiment such as that going on in the school in question. Victimhood at the forefront of focus is failing and harming students. On a wider scope, if left unchecked, harming the country.

The situation there in Amherst Mass illustrates the problems encountered when liberal woke culture gets what they want,
The situation there seems to just show bad and/or corrupt leadership. Are you saying these things only happen when related to DEI? My kids went to a school where the principal sexually harassed teachers and hired friends. Made the news when it was busted. Had nothing to with DEI. Just bad leaders.

“When woke culture gets what they want”. These are the overly broad strokes I’m talking about. Reasonable people just want a level playing field. Taking the extremes and making it seem like there are no reasonable people is exactly the fear mongering I’m talking about. Helps create bigotry.
some of the things you espouse.
Specific examples?
To begin with, and I'm not saying it in particular has been your position, it just sets the stage.
Then why did you call me out specifically?

Last edited:
Victimhood at the forefront of focus is failing and harming students. On a wider scope, if left unchecked, harming the country.
There’s a lot of emphasis on victimhood. I’d say of epidemic proportions.

Schools are supposed to provide an education in all the basic knowledge needed to have a successful life. Or to provide at least the groundwork to go further in higher education.

Maybe an important part of the curriculum to be equipped for this modern insane world would be education in how not to be a victim.
But then again, wouldn’t that be a parents job?

Haven’t we all been told at some point in our lives to ‘quit being a whiny little bitch’?
Yet in today’s world, being a whiny little bitch is celebrated and encouraged.

Strong people make a strong society. Weak people give us what we have now.

A great statement on the nature and danger of wokeness by Babylon Bee CEO Seth Dillon and how it's impacted them and others. He also quotes Elon Musk.

"Wokeness at its heart is divisive, exclusionary and hateful. It gives mean people an excuse to be cruel while armored in false virtue."

Last edited:
Is he saying "crybillies" or "crybullies" @5:09 ?
Crybillies don't make no sense :unsure:

I like what Elon did, but twitter is still just a platform for the rich to speak...

Last edited:
Is he saying "crybillies" or "crybullies" @5:09 ?
Crybillies don't make no sense :unsure:

I like what Elon did, but twitter is still just a platform for the rich to speak...
Crybullies.

Not sure what you mean about being a platform for the rich to speak. There's no question that he's vastly expanded who can speak and what they can say on the platform. Idiot leftists claim it's now a platform for conservatives which of course is absolute crap - as evidenced by George Takei and Rob Reiner.

Back