The definition of woke?

Chat Gpt writes:

The term "woke" originally referred to being awake or alert, but it has evolved in contemporary usage to describe a heightened awareness of social and political issues, especially related to issues of social justice, equality, and discrimination. Being "woke" implies a consciousness and active engagement with issues such as racism, sexism, and other forms of systemic oppression. It is often associated with a commitment to challenging and addressing these issues in society. However, opinions on the term can vary, and it is sometimes used pejoratively to criticize perceived excessive political correctness or ideological positions.

@jimmys69 is that the definition you want to go with?

I get it that this isn't the original definition of woke. But when I use the word I'm implying a fanatical devotion to radically liberal socio-political currents, especially as a way of satisfying a deluded sense of sympathy for the "oppressed".

@jimmys69 is that the definition you want to go with?

I get it that this isn't the original definition of woke. But when I use the word I'm implying a fanatical devotion to radically liberal socio-political currents, especially as a way of satisfying a deluded sense of sympathy for the "oppressed".
I get it. My wife occasionally tells me that the house feels cold. I get it that it isn't the original definition of "cold" - but when I use the word I'm implying that it's actually "hot".

It's easier if you just change definitions of words to suit your purpose as you see fit - as opposed to sticking with the actual definitions.

I get it. My wife occasionally tells me that the house feels cold. I get it that it isn't the original definition of "cold" - but when I use the word I'm implying that it's actually "hot".
Lol dude.
It's easier if you just change definitions of words to suit your purpose as you see fit - as opposed to sticking with the actual definitions.
And a vaccine is a culture of a weakened virus, that will prevent you from getting sick... until it isn't and doesn't, respectively :D

Lol dude.

And a vaccine is a culture of a weakened virus, that will prevent you from getting sick... until it isn't and doesn't, respectively :D
Vaccine (from Oxford):

noun

a substance used to stimulate immunity to a particular infectious disease or pathogen

From wiki:

A vaccine is a biological preparation that provides active acquired immunity to a particular infectious or malignant disease

And from Johns Hopkins:

In general, most vaccines do not completely prevent infection but do prevent the infection from spreading within the body and from causing disease.

But you're free to make whatever definitions you would like. You admit that you already do. ;)

Vaccine (from Oxford):

noun

a substance used to stimulate immunity to a particular infectious disease or pathogen

From wiki:

A vaccine is a biological preparation that provides active acquired immunity to a particular infectious or malignant disease

And from Johns Hopkins:

In general, most vaccines do not completely prevent infection but do prevent the infection from spreading within the body and from causing disease.

But you're free to make whatever definitions you would like. You admit that you already do. ;)
Gotcha now! That's the new covid-era definition.

The "WOKE" are fools always trying to stir up crap regarding things they know nothing about...
Yeah, like people in the city of Denver voting to reintroduce wolves in Colorado. City dwellers deciding what is good for everyone. Poor ranchers...

Yeah, like people in the city of Denver voting to reintroduce wolves in Colorado. City dwellers deciding what is good for everyone. Poor ranchers...
Well look at you being all chatty and stuff after all these years... 😁

How goes it Jimmy?

Also - The Wolves of Colorado - another great accidental band name for someone.👍

I seriously doubt any "city dweller" would ever take a job as a shepherd....

The term 'Woke' was first used by blues singer Huddie Ledbetter , aka Lead Belly, after he wrote the song 'Scottsboro Boys' in 1938. He said the phrase 'Stay Woke' meaning to keep your eyes open when in Alabama due to 9 black men being falsely accused of rape and jailed but eventually freed. You can hear Lead Belly say the phrase after he performs the song when he is speaking with the interviewer at 4:18 in the video.

Go to Alabama and ya better watch out
The landlord'll get ya, gonna jump and shout
Scottsboro Scottsboro Scottsboro boys
Tell ya what it all about

I'm gonna talk to Joe Louis
And it all angered me
Don't even try to think about it
Alabama ree

Tell ya all about

I'm gonna tell all the colored people
Even the old nigga here
Don't ya ever go to Alabama
And try to live

Gon' tell ya all about

Livin' in Harlem swing
Just try to sing

Tell it all about

Livin' in Harlem swing
Just try to sing

Tell what it's all about

Last edited:
1929... Seriously, let it die.

Unless, you'd like to compare politically biased/corrupt law from 100yrs ago with law today?
THAT would be interesting.

Back