The Decline of Nowhereradio

Waldo, I think you oughtta take a breath and take a pause here. You're being pretty overly defensive. I'm certainly not accusing YOU personally of anything. As I said, I posted it here because Nowhere is consistantly endorsed by the users of this site - not saying that you have anything to do with that.

We endorse it because we like it. When something goes wrong with it, we let each other know about it. That's part of what a community does for itself.

Think about it like this, you go to your doctor, and your doctor finds you have an STD. The doctor does not share that information with you. So, for the sake of the public, that doctor happens to know a night club you hang out in, and lets every woman in the place know you have an STD, so that they don't risk infection. How would you feel?
W. [/B]

If I were someone considering fucking one of those skanks, I'd be extremely grateful.

Instead of looking at me as the enemy, you should think about the fact that if I didn't care about Nowhere, I wouldn't even post about it. I'm one of your FANS, you dink! Right now I'm a very annoyed fan, true. But a fan, nonetheless.

Why don't you turn the venom in a productive direction (like at your sponsors)? Plainly put: if you don't want shit talked - don't give any reason for shit to BE talked.

Or shoot the messenger all you want. It's up to you.

Chris

In fairness, though, Groucho, your first post was a bit over-inflammatory for someone who's supposed to be a fan.
Also, your title for the thread, "The Decline of NoWhereRadio," is a bit harsh.

Christopher - I was pissed off!! I had just had my fucking homepage reset and was deluged with tons of popups and spyware!

I mean, I'm not going anywhere NEAR Nowhere until this issue gets dealt with. The last thing I'm gonna do is go surfing around their "help" forums.

Yeah, I was harsh. Yeah, I was pissed. Yeah, I still am.

Chris

don't give any reason for shit to BE talked.

Who's giving the reason for shit to be talked here? Looks like you are?

As I stated, I DO NOT promote, accept, or distribute spyware, pop-up ads, or any other form of unethichal advertising through NWR.

We endorse it because we like it. When something goes wrong with it, we let each other know about it. That's part of what a community does for itself.

Sounds like gossip! Instead of saying anything to those who can do something about it, you spread rumours through the community about the 'Demise' of it.

JUST FOR YOU, TO ELIMINATE any chance that the outside company is somehow picking YOU out of the crowd to pick on, I am asking that my account with them be closed, as I posted in the letter above, and sacrificing over 50% of my income. Does that make you happy?

IF YOU ACCUSE NOWHERE, YOU ACCUSE ME, I AM NOWHERE, NO-ONE ELSE HERE IN THIS LITTLE 12FT SQUARE BEDROOM/OFFICE/KITCHEN/HOME BUT ME!

You can say WHATEVER THE HELL YOU WANT to my face, and I will deal with it as best I can, find a solution, etc.. But to go somewhere, and post without my knowledge, somewhere that I might never ever see it, and thousands of others will... What the HELL is the benefit to NoWhere?

Now, given I was NOT upset on my first post where I asked you to notify me instead of spread shit all over, I am beginning to be upset that you aren't respecting myself, or anything I am saying.

Or shoot the messenger all you want. It's up to you.
Messenger? Is that what you call someone who doesn't deliver the message to the proper person? How would I ever have known about this if I didn't happen to browse here today?

Buck up groucho, you have insulted me, no matter what you say, and you are doing nothing but continue the accusations and the insult.

W.

If I were someone considering fucking one of those skanks, I'd be extremely grateful.

I suggest you re-read that quote... The example places you as having the STD, not knowing, and all the girls (probably perfectly clean), avoiding you because they know, thanks to your asshole doctor.

W.

I thought we were done with this. I gues not...

As I stated, I DO NOT promote, accept, or distribute spyware, pop-up ads, or any other form of unethichal advertising through NWR.

Waldo, part of my reason for posting was to find this out. I had no way of knowing whether this spyware shit was something you knew about or not. Even in my first post when I was totally pissed off, I gave you the benefit of the doubt, if you'll look.

JUST FOR YOU, TO ELIMINATE any chance that the outside company is somehow picking YOU out of the crowd to pick on, I am asking that my account with them be closed, as I posted in the letter above, and sacrificing over 50% of my income. Does that make you happy?

Yes, it does, actually.

IF YOU ACCUSE NOWHERE, YOU ACCUSE ME, I AM NOWHERE, NO-ONE ELSE HERE IN THIS LITTLE 12FT SQUARE BEDROOM/OFFICE/KITCHEN/HOME BUT ME!

Okay. I *was* thinking of you as a person apart from your website. But have it your way...

Messenger? Is that what you call someone who doesn't deliver the message to the proper person? How would I ever have known about this if I didn't happen to browse here today?

As I've said several times now - I won't even go to Nowhere to listen to music, let alone to find your contact info - not until this spyware issue is dealt with. You have frequently chimed in here to answer questions or deal with complaints. Plus I thought this was something others here should know about. It seemed logical to post here.

Again, I'd suggest you focus more on the message itself (& its ramifications) than in the manner the message was delivered. Yes, I was pissed off! I admit it! I think my annoyance was understandable. Not once have I heard anything from you resembling regret or apology at this spyware shit. Instead you are expending all your energy blaming me for "talking behind your back".

Guess what, dude? This ain't the schoolyard. Nowhere is an entity quite apart from whoever the fuck you are as a person. And yeah, we talk about it sometimes here. *Mostly* glowingly.

But not always. Deal with it.

Chris

PM, EMAIL, ALL OF IT, easily accessable, Don't have to go to the site! Read the other post, you could have reached me in dozens of ways! I don't give a shit if you publicly state I'm screwing people if you've contacted me, and I said 'screw you', and I definately don't give a shit if you post something after you've let me know, and I've done nothing about it.

I am NOT going to appologize for something that someone else did, and that we have absolutely no proof of because you STILL haven't done what I asked so that I could even track it down for you.

I ASKED you KINDLY
Next time, talk to the source first.

Talking to others who have no control, or ability to resolve, or even explain an issue equates to being tied to the ocean floor and asking the fish for help.
and told you like it was
Your lucky I even came apon the topic, if you had posted it on the NWR forums, e-mailed me, called me, or any other of the dozen ways you could get ahold of me, you would have had a faster response time, possibly saved me from cutting off 50% of my income, and definately have avoided smearing my reputation.

YOU saw fit to say
No, I believe next time I'll do exactly as I did this time.

If you did that in a board room, a pub, a school, a library, anywhere, with anyone, you'd have made an instant enemy. You've shown me absolutely no respect, even though I've got enough respect to ditch 50% of my income for you, and I don't owe you SHIT.

W.

I think we're at a stalemate here. However it was done Waldo, you are now aware of the spyware problems. I'm glad to see you're taking steps to deal with them.

Yes, I could have PM'd you. However, you have a reputation for materializing magically whenever anyone mentions NWR on this site (we've even joked about that in the past). I assumed you'd see it. I also assumed other people here might be interested in knowing my experience with your site - especially since many people here PAY for your "services", and nearly everyone recommends NWR to newbies.

I myself will not anymore.

Chris

What you effectively told me is 'no, next time I have a problem, I'll just post it on some forum and not let you know about it, or tell you later', and THAT is what pisses me off.

Instead of respecting my wishes and contacting me directly.

You can do whatever the hell you want, I don't care. I don't really want to associate with people that won't even respect me with something that simple.

W.

If ANYONE has seen this 'spyware' hijack on NWR, please go to the main page now (note, ONLY the main page).

Let me know if it still appears.

W.

DUDE, F'OFF, NOWHERERADIO RULES!!!

DON'T BE IMPUNING WALDO, OR THERE'S ABOUT A HUNDRED OTHER HEADS HERE BESIDES ME WHO WILL WANT TO STOMP'YA'ASS AND BREAK YOUR NECK!!!

"IMPUGNING"

Oh, and my curiosity is killing me as to 2 things:

1. When I had a spyhunter program load everytime I went on line, did that get on my system by my kids using Kazaa? Please say yes, as I am looking for excuses to ask them to stay away from it.

2. I finally got it removed, and it seems to have stayed removed, but why so if the kids are still visiting the site that got me infected with it.?

3. How in the world does nowhereradio manage to host all those thousand of mp3's? This is an ignorant 51-year old talking, so be gentle, but again, I'm curious: I only have like 10 megs on my site, and can upgrade for a fee to 50 or 100 meg. NWR must have a jillion megs of space. All on a server kept in a small bedroom???

4. You guys want to tone down the vitriol? You're burning my virgin ears.

P, L, & S. Fields,

Rob

Kazaa in itself, is spyware, yes, you very much can get spyware and other such applications from using it. A 'partial' solution is to use Kazaa Lite, which doesn't have a ton of crap like that.

Sites can't really install anything without your knowledge, unless you intentionally lower your security settings, or blindly click on something without reading it. Applications, however, can. Kazaa is an application, not a site.

I have 2 servers here, 2 servers in Edmonton, and 1 server in Texas. Initially it really did run off of one server, of course, it grew, so more, faster servers were needed, etc... Let's just say lots of hard-drives, and a ton of noise...

Sorry if I went overboard, I take issues of respect pretty seriously.

W.

groucho said:
Not once have I heard anything from you resembling regret or apology at this spyware shit.
Actually, he restated that he doesn't support spyware and disengaged his business relationship with the advertising agency involved. I think that was a pretty decent-minded and professional way of handling things.

Without knowing if they're the cause or not... I just received e-mail from them stating they've got no association to gator, so chances are it's not.

Oh well, already removed half their code, we'll see how it goes for a while, maybe they've just been hijacked.

W.

I think the snare is a little loud, but the rest of the instruments sit well in the mix. I liked it!

Back