The Controversially Political Humor thread

He was waving his arms trying to keep his balance.
He wasn't really dead, he was playing opossum.
That's what I was thinking. Seems obvious.

You know, I was thinking this through and concluded - it would kinda suck to have the ability to walk on water and turn water into wine (which would really be great - not to mention lucrative) but not have the ability to get yourself down from that awful situation.

What a jip.

Lucifer is always getting a bad rap. Hell, he gave us our greatest gift, freedom. If it weren't for Lucifer, Adam and Eve would still be putzzing around
the garden sucking up to the big guy and we wouldn't even be here. In essence we are all children of Lucifer.

Lucifer is always getting a bad rap. Hell, he gave us our greatest gift, freedom. If it weren't for Lucifer, Adam and Eve would still be putzzing around
the garden sucking up to the big guy and we wouldn't even be here. In essence we are all children of Lucifer.
That's a really great point. And true!

I'm pretty tight with the dark lord.... L and I go way back. First cross paths in college where he taught me everything I know about Marxism.

I learned one thing about Marxism. It's a nice concept but don't work.
That seems to be the conclusion.

It "doesn't work" in a similar sense that a bicycle with square wheels doesn't work. I point that out because of the way that I hear many people in the U.S. speak about Marxism in recent years. Like it's inherently sinister, evil, to be reviled and rejected because of it's badness.... and anyone who espouses it is wicked and malevolent. When in actuality it's simply a set of ideas - a socio-economic philosophy. It's so odd to me how people believe and buy into that nonsensical way of thinking about such things.

It's not a perfect analogy - but the bicycle is not evil. It's not to be reviled or cast out as wicked. It's a fucking bicycle for christ's sake. One with square wheels. It's not ride-able. It doesn't work well for the purpose it was intended.

Last edited:
That seems to be the conclusion.

It "doesn't work" in a similar sense that a bicycle with square wheels doesn't work. I point that out because of the way that I hear many people in the U.S. speak about Marxism in recent years. Like it's inherently sinister, evil, to be reviled and rejected because of it's badness.... and anyone who espouses it is wicked and malevolent. When in actuality it's simply a set of ideas - a socio-economic philosophy. It's so odd to me how people believe and buy into that nonsensical way of thinking about such things.

It's not a perfect analogy - but the bicycle is not evil. It's not to be reviled or cast out as wicked. It's a fucking bicycle for christ's sake. One with square wheels. It's not ride-able. It doesn't work well for the purpose it was intended.
But contrary to the analogy of the bicycle, Marxism doesn't just not work: the way it fails necessitates the harm all people under its yoke, which ends in its downfall and the re-espousal of capitalism. Therefore, yes, it is to be rejected as a wicked and malevolent concept as its invariable outcome is evil. The means do not justify the end.

...and raise oneself from the dead.
Not just himself ... A whole town full of Jesus zombies!

Awful strange that an event like that - full-on Walking Dead scenario - wasn't written about anywhere else other than the Bible.

You would think something like that would make a headline or two. No?

Not just himself ... A whole town full of Jesus zombies!

Awful strange that an event like that - full-on Walking Dead scenario - wasn't written about anywhere else other than the Bible.

You would think something like that would make a headline or two. No?
Tellin' ya, it's a pity that thread was closed!

The Jewish historian Josephus reported eyewitness accounts as well (look it up), not just of the Resurrected Christ but also of his miracles. Notice that, as a non-Christian Jew, he was fundamentally opposed to the very idea that Jesus was who he claimed to be.

The Jewish historian Josephus reported eyewitness accounts as well (look it up), not just of the Resurrected Christ but also of his miracles. Notice that, as a non-Christian Jew, he was fundamentally opposed to the very idea that Jesus was who he claimed to be.
Haha ... I'm familiar with Josephus. Not impressed. 😉

Eyewitness testimony from ancient historians and their historical accounts are quite suspect.

Back