Taters Turnips N Rutabaga

stratmonkee

Picked up a new bass guitar for recording. Its a Squier Classic vibe 70's P-Bass. I really like it a lot so far, the neck feels and plays really nice, I'm no Bass guitar expert, but this thing seems like a lot of bang for the buck, and I actually preferred it to the Fender player series P-bass I tried when I was checking several options out.
Here is the 1st thing I've recorded with it, just a stupidly titled jam called "Taters, Turnips N Rutabaga"

I don't know, but it sounds to my ear as if the last note of that descending riff ought to be played right on the beat. Whatcha think?

Two thumbs up for the song title alone and the cover art. I agree with dobro about the last descending bass note but , it seemed to work well on the outro. I Really liked the bass "chords". Something I Never do but .. Should. Nice guitar work as well. I enjoyed the listen. Congrats on a nice purchase. mark

Yeah I agree with Dobro on the last note. I have trouble recording sustained bass notes as they tend to descend into a muddy mushy buildup but you don't seem to have that issue here. The Squier sounds good. Fun to explore the creative possibilities of new kit

Thanks for the feedback guys...this was a real quickie jam to try out the new bass...I did try to end main riff on , I guess , like the off beat for something weird...here is a different drum track I tried for this...maybe the main riff is more on the beat with this?

Back