TASCAM Wallpaper

Thanks and my pleasure, RFR! :)

Next up, Denon! :eek:

Yeah, these guys were far better known for their consumer electronics, especially so with their CD players and receivers. But they also dabbled in open reel gear at one point in the 80's and offered up a couple of 1/2 track stereo mastering machines that ran at 15 ips with no nonsense features and pretty sharp cosmetics. This one is of the junior model called the DH-510. Not sure how it sounded or how successful they were with it but it looked pretty enough to throw in here. ;)

View attachment 91886

right click to download...

Cheers! :)

I covered the Teac model 3 & 5 mixers earlier on so might as well also add in the Model 1 line mixer here too!

The original image was a bit on the small side so excuse the lack of sharpness...hard to find a decent head on pic of this one...

View attachment 92054

While I'm still in a bit of a Teac old school mood, might as well add in the TEAC GE-20, which was the template for the TASCAM GE-20B that was covered earlier. This one is a complete Frankenstein, put together from 7 different images...

View attachment 92074

Saw a thread here yesterday for the Tascam M-16 mixing console and realized I had completely forgotten about this 300 pound behemoth as it wasn't in the product line up for very long. Designed to be the replacement for Model 15 TEAC board and to mate up with the 90-16, one inch 16 track recorder, this mixer carried many of the same design sets of the M-35 mixer but in a far larger 8 buss, 24 input frame. Thanks to Greg Williams who shot the original photo of this which I cleaned up a bit and made a custom background for it...enjoy!

View attachment 92099

I was digging through one of my "Boxes O' Stuff" and found my old Tascam GS-30D guitar amp simulator. Have you done a wall-paper of one?

I was digging through one of my "Boxes O' Stuff" and found my old Tascam GS-30D guitar amp simulator. Have you done a wall-paper of one?

I have one that I am in the middle of processing but if you'd like to take a nice head on centered shot of yours, I'd be glad to include it here!

More oddities from the world of TEAC and their early beginnings just before tascam came into being. This one is a 4 channel mixer that could be optionally rack mounted or matched up with their other home hifi pieces such as the 122B cassette deck which shared the same knobs and is from the same model year. This unit basically offered everything that a Model 2 mixer would minus 2 channels but with some additional bass roll off filters. Anyway, I found out about this unit about a year or so ago but couldn't find a decent pic of one to work from until earlier today when I found one for sale on Australia's ebay site. The pics were still pretty fuzzy but there was enough of it that was clear to allow me to clean up and rebuild the other parts of it that were out of focus and covered in stickers. Anyway, here she be, the TEAC MX-8...

View attachment 92117

Original image can be seen here..

Vintage Teac MX 8 Audio Mixer 4XLINE 4XMIC in Leichhardt, NSW | eBay

Last edited:
After my case of mistaken identity on the 520 thread. I did a search on the m600. Your wallpaper pics came up. I gotta say you do a nice job on these, ghost!
:thumbs up::thumbs up:

After my case of mistaken identity on the 520 thread. I did a search on the m600. Your wallpaper pics came up. I gotta say you do a nice job on these, ghost!
:thumbs up::thumbs up:

Thanks for the feedback on those! :)

The credit for those also goes to a member here who took the original shots, Ron-e-g.

Last edited:
Jeff,

Every few weeks I pop into this thread.

I have to say not only is it so enjoyable to look at your tasteful and excellent work on these images, but it has also become an education in so many pieces I never knew existed; the Denon open reel machines...wow. The "big brother" model sure is handsome isn't it? And the Teac MX-8...never ever even knew it existed. It really is fun to see new/old gear from one of my favorite manufacturers. And thanks for bringing some love to the M16! And I have to say your rendering of the Teac Model 3 just looks exceptionally sharp and warm. Thanks again for this visual encyclopedia of audio gear.

Thanks Cory! :)

It's been a while since I've seen you in here and suspected/hoped you were at least lurking as I know you've said elsewhere you've lost some interest in the analog world because of other distractions. So I've been hoping that some of the stuff in here might draw you back in. :thumbs up:

Oh I haven't necessarily lost interest, just have a number of other pressing priorities, and work space is in flux.

Back