Tascam PE-40

fred s.

Ive been looking for one of these for a little over a month now, after some advice here.

They seem to be a hard find...

If anyone sees one for sale or is selling one, please keep me in mind.

I don't mind paying for shipping, I'm located in NYC.

Thanks for link, their prices are almost 3x's the normal price on the used market though (they go for around $100)

Thanks for link, their prices are almost 3x's the normal price on the used market though (they go for around $100)

So, this guy walks into a butcher store and asks "how much are your pork chops?" "Seven ninety-nine a pound" replies the butcher.

"$7.99! The butcher across the street sells them for $3.99!" says the customer.

"So, why do't you go across the street and buy them there?" asks the butcher.

"Oh, he's all out of them" informs the customer.

"Yea, well, when I'm all out of them mine are $3.99 too."

They still show up from time to time...not so rare, guess I just have had bad luck/timing so far...

I'll hold out until I find one that's at a reasonable price.

Yeah...they seem to come in waves. At one time a couple months ago there were like 4 in a row that came up. I sold one of mine just before that. Just keep watching.

watching ebay/Craigslist/Ny pawn shops like a hawk!

Fred, you can do a "saved search" on eBay and it will email you if search hits show up. If you need assistance with this, or with complex search strings I will be happy to help.

jv

that would be great-how do I set that up?

Fred, you can do a "saved search" on eBay and it will email you if search hits show up. If you need assistance with this, or with complex search strings I will be happy to help.

jv

Ive been looking for one of these for a little over a month now, after some advice here.

They seem to be a hard find...

If anyone sees one for sale or is selling one, please keep me in mind.

I don't mind paying for shipping, I'm located in NYC.

I've got one for $150 + shipping.

Eek ! I would throw mine in the trash along with it's original box, manual and rack ears before I sold it for a $100 bucks .

I am pretty sure that I paid somewhere around $550.00 for my PE40 in 1987. Might want to check on what a decent 4 band parametic 2 channel cost before denigrating someone for asking a reasonable price for a 4 channel 4 band. http://www.sweetwater.com/c842--Parametric_EQ/popular/pn1

Jeez. Sometimes I really believe that some of you guys have lost all touch with reality regarding fair pricing. Or maybe nearly everyone is now a city, state or federal government employee - that type seems to know the price of everything and the true value of nothing.

Rant over. I'll put on my flame suit now.

Last edited:
Back