Tascam MF-P01

Sexy Heather

TG Girl
null_zps4ff261dd.jpg

I recently got this. A great sounding, basics only cassette four track, and I believe the last cassette model Tascam made. I really like it's design, size and weight. Anyone else have one?

No,...

I have 3. However, as I recall, 2 of them developed problems relating to record/playback and/or monitor-output. One MF-P01 I have works flawlessly, and I'll agree it's a nice sounding little unit despite being the stripped down ugly duckling of the product line.

No frills, but sounds better than (it looks or) you'd expect.

:spank::eek:;)

Last edited:
Hmmm. I actually like it's appearance, kinda like a tiny 788. From roughly the same era, right? Hope mine doesn't develop problems. Great for travel.

Yeah that thing is as basic as it gets! No EQ or aux send obviously ... It looks as though you record one track at a time and use that single fader to set the level if my guess is right. Just pan and level for each track, huh?

Does it run at standard speed or 2x?

I considered getting one a while back just because it would have been brand new, but I never did.

Oh, and I think Reel meant ugly duckling in the figurative sense---not the literal. (Though I can't speak for him!) :)

I could see "track bouncing" by plugging from one RCA Output connector, back around and in to the 1/4" Input, (all playback tracks panned hard R or L). I've never done it that way, though. Also, at Normal speed and no NR, track hiss might become prohibitive.

This may look like a child's plaything to us a this time, but if I had this in 1980 I could have practically ruled the world!
:spank::eek:;)

Attachments

• IM004139.JPG
    IM004139.JPG
    162.1 KB · Views: 39
  • IM004138.JPG
    IM004138.JPG
    131.4 KB · Views: 39
Back