Tascam M-520 - RCA shorting pins - SOLVED

Starliner

Hi everyone,

I see the Tascam M-520 has 4 shorting PINS (not referring to the 2-pin shorting bars) that short out the RCA jack wherever they are inserted.

Scanned the manual and many of the online pages here, but I have not found what the designated locations are for inserting them, or if they are really needed. I did see a reference to the phono jacks, but that only accounts for two of them.

Any assistance is appreciated.... thanks!

Starliner

Any high level gain stage that does not have anything plugged into it might as well have shorted input so as not to pick up noise or Radio Stations. Phono might be one place and then maybe Buss SUB in might be another- apply where the input not used will give any noise trouble but never any output RCA.
Might also be used at Instrument input. Look online for pictures of the rear panel as they may still be in there if the user never had to remove them.

Well, I kept digging (being I was already in a rabbit hole), and I discovered a pic in the manual where I could see the shorting pins inserted. That was once I copied it into PhotoShop and enlarged it.

The pins are on "INST IN" on channels 1 & 2, and "PHONO" (in) on channels 3 & 4.

Now to get out of this rabbit hole and find another....

Starliner

Back