Tascam DO32 record problem

whjco

I have a brand new Tascam DP32 and can't get it to record. I'm trying to record 4 channels using condenser mikes. Inputs are selected, phantom is on, line level is up, sliders are up, tracks armed.

Can't get any level whatsoever. Been through the manual multiple times. Any thoughts what I'm not doing right?

Thanks!

Bill J., Lexington, KY

I've got a 2488NEO so things are a bit different, but I'll see if I can be of some help going from the DP-32 manual

- The included SD card is supposed to have a Demo song on it. Have you tried and been able to play the demo?

- You've created a new song from the menu. It is likely SONG_0001 (?)
- Mics are plugged into inputs A, B, C, and D (?) For the mics to receive phantom power XLR to XLR cables need to be used. They will not work with XLR to 1/4" TRS.
- Phantom power is on for the respective mic inputs A, B, C, and D (?)
- Assigned tracks 1, 2, 3, and 4 default to A, B, C, and D inputs. Shouldn't need to re-assign tracks.
- At Home screen, REC button pushed for track 1 and light flashes (armed).
- If you turn up the Trim control for that track do you see the LCD meter for that track deflecting when you speak into the mic? Can you get the red clip OL LED to light if you turn up the trim too far or speak loudly? You had said "line level". This was meant to be "Trim"?
- With headphones attached, fader for track 1 up, main Stereo fader up, and Monitor Level knob up can you hear audio?
- Pressing Record should record the audio and if you can play the demo, what you recorded should playback as well.

Back