Tascam DM4800 and headphone mixes - help

GaryJackson

Hi,

I have a 4800 and I am not sure that I am getting the monitor mixes out correctly. At present I am using Aux 1 (mono and not linked to Aux 2) for my headphone mix to the recording room. However when I send signal from Aux 1 (or any Aux, 2,3,4 etc) it only will come out the left side (headphone). I can make it come out the right side with Aux 2 however I am wanting to use that for a different sends etc and I have no need for a stereo headphone mix.

Now, the Aux's are set up on my desk as all "pre fader" and not "linked" with the Aux pan control set to the centre, so why is it only in the left speaker (monitoring from the desk) or the left headphone that receives the signal?

I have found that if I enable the "mono" button in the monitor section that it will send the program music though Aux 1 channel and it will come out in both the left and right speaker but is this the only way to do it? I figure that sending any signal though an Aux channel that is not linked should automatically be sent mono?

Am I missing something. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

No one has any idea on this??

What about the "mono" key which the manual described as a "smart key", but I dont really understand why its so smart? It just turns the mix into mono??

Headphone mix anyone?

So I think that no one knows about this problem.? 2 weeks later ?

Just want to know why the headphones mix only sounds out in the left channel when the Aux channels are not linked......

Simple question really, but the solution seems to be missing?

The auxes are mono outputs, so each aux is configured as one side of a stereo pair. If you are monitoring from a stereo head phone amp in the studio, you should be able convert the signal to mono left and right by only inserting the stereo jack half way. At least, that works in my studio. If you are monitoring from the Aux1/2 on the board, just push the mono button to hear the same signal on both left and right.

Last edited:
Back