Tascam 688 Midistudio...

Unfortunately,..I have some bad news to report.
I finally got a call back from a rep. at Audio lab of Ga.. after leaving 3 messages.:mad:
They said the motor is indeed discontinued,..and told me to look on the internet.
Huge bummer.:(

Tascam 688

hI--I've forgotten your name as this thread took me elsewhere in order to sign in.
It's been months since I've been on this forum--but let me add this-WD-40 never realy worked for me as far as motors--3 in 1 did.

Now to the sad news. I AM THE ORIGINAL OWNER of a TASCAM 688 MiDi studio. Purchased in Dec 1990=$2,500 cash (discounted from $3,299) I know it's still a lot.
I have not used it since early 2000, then, about a yr ago I unpacked "her" only to see what the Florida heat can do-the rubber parts melted. That's it.
The MIXER is remarkably easy to use and works. i can supply pics and any other info you desire.
Since I've recently 'fell in love' w a yamaha psr-s910--I'm looking to raise cash and am more than willing to SAVE YOU CASH AS WELL.
I just need a little time to get used to 'having' (not wanting) to part with "her". I have not used it for years and that's a shame--anyone who would cares to make me an offer, I'd be more than happy to work out a deal with someone who will ENJOY "her" as much as I did. Nothing replaces ANALOG. & this 'baby' was EASY 2 LEARN & PLAY. COME TO myspace.com/dontaylorjr]DON TAYLOR, JR & hear a few of my songs-thanks. Oh yes, my E is dont811 at bellsouth.net
I hope w cab help one another--I really do. My luck as soon as I sell 'her' I'll need a mixing board--then again, since I've NOT needed 1 in years-why let it go to waiste.
My trick for getting even better sounding recordings was to MAX the speed above the 3 3/4ips--then add BBE Sonic maximizer to the final mix. Just my 2 cents.
I also WILL SELL ; ROLAND R-8 Drum Synth; ROLAND Sound Canvas (SC-55) and
my KORG-I4S ALL are in MINT WORKING ORDER. No broken keys. all ready for a new HOME STUDIO. Thanks for reading me guys. Gee, i wish my wife would buy me that S910--i can dream can't I ??? :) thanks again for your time . Don

Hi VESSEL2020 all the above was for you , Buddy, and anyone else interested. It's 12:23pm SAT 4-2-2011. i HOPE THE GOOD LORD SMILES DOWN ON ALL OF US this weekend and i can make a few folks happy b-4 i rush over to ebay. Don

Hi Dave, I remember our many e's---I hope you're feeling better these days. i remember what you were going through, Buddy.
My wife's been on medical leave for 8 weeks and I'm not gigging--so what do i do ? Meet another girl ! Yup, she's built like a 61-key brickhouse made by Yamaha. Lol hoped that would put a smile on your face. Take care & keep in touch ok ? Don

hI--I've forgotten your name as this thread took me elsewhere in order to sign in.
It's been months since I've been on this forum--but let me add this-WD-40 never realy worked for me as far as motors--3 in 1 did.

Now to the sad news. I AM THE ORIGINAL OWNER of a TASCAM 688 MiDi studio. Purchased in Dec 1990=$2,500 cash (discounted from $3,299) I know it's still a lot.
I have not used it since early 2000, then, about a yr ago I unpacked "her" only to see what the Florida heat can do-the rubber parts melted. That's it.
The MIXER is remarkably easy to use and works. i can supply pics and any other info you desire.
Since I've recently 'fell in love' w a yamaha psr-s910--I'm looking to raise cash and am more than willing to SAVE YOU CASH AS WELL.
I just need a little time to get used to 'having' (not wanting) to part with "her". I have not used it for years and that's a shame--anyone who would cares to make me an offer, I'd be more than happy to work out a deal with someone who will ENJOY "her" as much as I did. Nothing replaces ANALOG. & this 'baby' was EASY 2 LEARN & PLAY. COME TO myspace.com/dontaylorjr]DON TAYLOR, JR & hear a few of my songs-thanks. Oh yes, my E is dont811 at bellsouth.net
I hope w cab help one another--I really do. My luck as soon as I sell 'her' I'll need a mixing board--then again, since I've NOT needed 1 in years-why let it go to waiste.
My trick for getting even better sounding recordings was to MAX the speed above the 3 3/4ips--then add BBE Sonic maximizer to the final mix. Just my 2 cents.
I also WILL SELL ; ROLAND R-8 Drum Synth; ROLAND Sound Canvas (SC-55) and
my KORG-I4S ALL are in MINT WORKING ORDER. No broken keys. all ready for a new HOME STUDIO. Thanks for reading me guys. Gee, i wish my wife would buy me that S910--i can dream can't I ??? :) thanks again for your time . Don

I appreciate the offer,...but I need to slow down a bit on my purchases.
I just purchased a beautiful (almost mint) M320B to go with my setup.
Why don't you try posting in the Free Ads for Music/Recording Equip.?
You'll probably get some bites over there.
Thanks anyway.

Attachments

• KGrHqVk8E1F3tIuJBNglkmQmcg_12.jpg
    KGrHqVk8E1F3tIuJBNglkmQmcg_12.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 96
as for the motor issue, i found a place online that sells them for about 12 bucks, i postedall the info on another thread about the 688...just cant seem to locate it :/

Hi everyone

Sorry if this is slightly off topic! but i could really do with any advice or assistance you guys can offer.

As i have a Tascam midistudio 688 as well, but my mate thought it would be a good idea to elbow drop the screen, and he did a good job at breaking it. So now im looking for a replacement screen part, or another 688 to buy. Ive emailed Tascam and there gonna get back to me.

Any help would really help me, as its such a great piece of kit

Thanks

Nic

Back