Tascam 48 - mixer

haggy38

Hi guys,

Me again, I noticed the Tascam 48 doesn't have the output record vulume control, channels mixing, etc. I'm not a musician at all, just want to record 70s Rock in 2 tracks, do I need a small analog mixer! Which one? Since this deck haven't reverse can I record another album in other two channels? Probably is a misconception but I'm new with this type of machine.

Gustavo

Hi guys,
Me again, I noticed the Tascam 48 doesn't have the output record vulume control, channels mixing, etc. I'm not a musician at all, just want to record 70s Rock in 2 tracks, do I need a small analog mixer! Which one? Since this deck haven't reverse can I record another album in other two channels? Probably is a misconception but I'm new with this type of machine.
Gustavo

That's not really what it's designed to do. The idea is that you have 8 tracks so you can record, say, drums on two tracks, vocals on one, bass on another, keyboards on another and still have some tracks left to go back and add other instruments on top.

In principle it could be used to record to record four separate stereo tracks, but you'd get better results and much less hassle with a proper stereo recorder.

Thanks,

Since I already bought it from $100, well I he to use it some way, I have another machines, Pioneer RT 909, Teac 3340s and Sony to 200.

I can't pass on this machine at that price

Gustavo

I won't use this machine for normal studio, in contrary just to record a few vinyl and CDs, so the big questions,

This machine lack of output volume I guess I will need a mixer for 2 channels, what's the recommendations, I will use the other 6 tracks for the same porpoise.
I know is rare and unorthodox but that's the way I'm going to use it.

I will use the unbalance rca inputs and outputs.

So there is anyone can help about this and cheap mixer for this use??

Back