Tanscam 788: Effects Question

DiverDave8

Good morning all:

Last night's homework on my T788 was to add some effects to a previously recorded track.

I have a acoustic guitar/mic track that sounded abit muddy. So I ran it through EFFECTS1 equalizer, adjusted the low and highs to sound the way I want and boosted the signal abit.

On the monitor, I can hear my changes on MONITOR;EFF SEND but when I switch to MONITOR;STEREO, it sounds like the orignal track without effects.

I assume that the final sound will be as in the MONITOR;STEREO so my question is, what am I missing to get the adjusted track as an output.

Should I be using EFFECT2 instead?

BTW,

I got a copy of the video toutorial on eBay so from what I'm hearing, that should really be a plus in learning this thing. I'm coming fresh off an older Tascam 4-track tape and it seems to be a huge learning curve!

Thanks much!

dd8

I'm kind of new to the 788 but let's see if I can help. In the monitor select section enable the stereo buss [ green light on ] make sure the cue light is off. forget about effects send for now. press the eq button and the eq screen should come up. next press the track select button for the track you want to eq. the eq screen should be up and you should hear the changes you make through the stereo outputs
of the monitor section. You can do this for each track if you have more than one. If you want to add reverb or another effect you will then need to press the effects 1 button then press send ans the track select botton for the
track you want to add reverb to. you should hear your changes as you make them.

Hope this helps. I'm not at my machine and don't have the manual handy. You're right there is a learning curve here but I think it's well worth the time spent. We have to learn how the machine works and have kind of a picture in our mind of whats going on in there and learn to navigate from screen to screen quickly.

Good lock

Thanks!

Think I got the hange of it. Pretty much what u said.

I've been having good success routing channels to the affects lately and it sounds really nice.

Thanks for the help!

dd8

Back