Talk Box Effects

hottsauce_21

Im lookin 4 an effects processor that has the effect of a talk box, is there anything like that? or a box that has Great sounding Chorus effects. I need a box that will help my vocals when it comes to layin some hooks. Like the effects T Pain uses on his voice when he sings, like the IM SPRUNG song, somethin like that. Is there a effects processor that can produce this? if so, for $750 at most. Please let me know.

thanks

so its a vocoder im lookin 4? thanks. does Anyone have any experience wit vocoders? do i need a keyboard to do more wit my vocals or will i be happy wit just a vocoder?

hottsauce_21 said:
so its a vocoder im lookin 4? thanks. does Anyone have any experience wit vocoders? do i need a keyboard to do more wit my vocals or will i be happy wit just a vocoder?

A vocoder blends two signals,either a live signal or a "snapshot" of a signal with another,not neccesarily vocals,but those are the opnes we notice it on.

There are software vocoders if you're doing computer recordings.

Also there are guitar stlye talk boxes that actually route the guitar or instruments signal through a tube into your mouth which is then recorded/played through a microphone.While crude compared to a vocoder,these will give a vowel like quality that can be controled to the input source.

Back