Taking it out on the sound guy

Same as drumming, really. You just get some sticks and bang away. Nothing hard about that either.

I don't think it's the same. Drums require physical dexterity and coordination. Being a soundguy requires working ears, at least one functioning finger, and being awake.

Being the rockstar that I am, I could easily bash the soundguys, but I'm usually very polite and respectful....before the gig. Afterwards there's no telling. I've shredded quite a few guys for doing a poor job, but I'm always right there to thank them when it's good.

I regret to say the Youtube account is closed, and I can't access the incriminating video. I'd like to see THE SHITHEAD in action.

Nah, don't get his jaw wired. He'll need to be able to work to pay for the new Midas mixer he'll be purchasing on your behalf!

I was re-reading this thread and came across this gem!

Shall I PM you my address so I can relieve you of that horrible x32 you can never love?

:laughings:

I don't know Bob - so far it's a love/hate affair in a win/win situation.
I am waiting on the iX16 to come out later this year though!

Getting a bunch of bad shows due to the sound guys?
Most of them work for peanuts - bottom feeders learning as they go. :mad:

Yup. Soundguy-wise you get what you pay for--just like everything else in this world!

Speaking of bottom feeders, there's always those guys from weekend warrior bands who think they're Hendrix...

It never fails to amaze me that everyone thinks they can save a buck by skimping on production. :rolleyes:
Then wonders why a show sucks.

Getting a bunch of bad shows due to the sound guys?
Most of them work for peanuts - bottom feeders learning as they go. :mad:

It's hit and miss. Bottom feeders is a good term for them. Guys that do sound at the local bar/club level are usually burned out wastoids. They roll out of bed just in time to haul ass to the club to do a halfassed sound check then they vanish for 3 hours until it's time for a band to start. There are a few solid clubs here that have steady sound guys, but many of them have a revolving door of sound guys and most of them are hard to deal with. They're just a bunch of halfassed drunken flunkees. I'm gonna start punching them in the head.

Back