Taking it out on the sound guy

Whoever this guy is has a stupid name.
Tyler the Creator?
Really?

He came out of nowhere thanks to our generation lol. Dang we sure do have some stupid people. How many Rihanna and rap songs about hoes/money do you think their brains can take before they realize it's all the same?

I wouldn't call 'Kidcage The Creator' stupid. lol! Yer cool tho.

Tyler the fu**t*rd would be more appropriate for that buttmunch.

Nice! It's got a ring to it :D
Maybe I should start working under that instead of monolith :laughings:

He came out of nowhere thanks to our generation lol. Dang we sure do have some stupid people. How many Rihanna and rap songs about hoes/money do you think their brains can take before they realize it's all the same?
I just don't understand it. There's nothing good about most of these people that get "success".
They don't write their own songs. They barely perform their own songs. They don't look amazing. They don't have keen business sense.
I guess the only good thing is that they're empty minded fucks that can be programmed and marketed by sort of skilled puppet masters to other empty minded fucks...
Is that too harsh :D?

I just don't get it. Our generation doesn't look like it's getting much better either... *sigh* :facepalm:

oh jeez :facepalm:
I just logged into facebook. and was greeted by a chris brown "cover".
i'm lolling too hard.
man.
still lolling.

Watching the video, he's more "Tyler the Destroyer" than "Creator".

On second thought, he can't have it. I want to be "Bob the Destroyer".

(And anyone listening to the mix I'm working on just now would have to agree with that sentiment....)

Watching the video, he's more "Tyler the Destroyer" than "Creator".

On second thought, he can't have it. I want to be "Bob the Destroyer".

(And anyone listening to the mix I'm working on just now would have to agree with that sentiment....)

Bob the Builder.... can he fix it? Yes he can!

I just don't understand it. There's nothing good about most of these people that get "success".
They don't write their own songs. They barely perform their own songs. They don't look amazing. They don't have keen business sense.
I guess the only good thing is that they're empty minded fucks that can be programmed and marketed by sort of skilled puppet masters to other empty minded fucks...
Is that too harsh :D?

I just don't get it. Our generation doesn't look like it's getting much better either... *sigh* :facepalm:

Nope not too harsh! Sounds pretty accurate IMO. It's like "Hey!!! Did you hear the new Chris Brown/Katy Perry/LMFAO/Usher song?! It's so awesome!"

IT SOUNDS THE EXACT SAME AS EVERY OTHER POP SONG FOR THE PAST 10 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh wow, a four on the floor kick pattern set to 120ish bpm. Never heard that one before!!

:facepalm:

awwwww diddums,did the poor wittle wapper have a wittle pwobwem and didn't have the professional skills to handle it ....

Ass*ole

He probably didn't even have a real issue--more likely it was just him reinforcing his "image" as a tough guy from da hood.

There's a British comedian I've had to mix for a couple of times who has, as part of his act, pretending to have his mic cause problems then swearing at the sound guy. Only trouble was...he started finding it really hard to find people willing to work on his shows. (Or, rather, the venues he played at started having trouble getting anyone to do his shows more than once.) Last I heard, because of this, he changed his act to swear at the follow spot operator instead. That was about 5 years ago when I left the UK--wonder if he's doing his act in the dark yet?

He probably didn't even have a real issue--more likely it was just him reinforcing his "image" as a tough guy from da hood.

There's a British comedian I've had to mix for a couple of times who has, as part of his act, pretending to have his mic cause problems then swearing at the sound guy. Only trouble was...he started finding it really hard to find people willing to work on his shows. (Or, rather, the venues he played at started having trouble getting anyone to do his shows more than once.) Last I heard, because of this, he changed his act to swear at the follow spot operator instead. That was about 5 years ago when I left the UK--wonder if he's doing his act in the dark yet?

I've noticed through concert footage of "tough guy" bands it seems they always violently point at the sound guy then their iem's then motion for them to turn it up multiple times. I find it hard to believe that that many sound problems occur. Its like they try to make the audience see that they're having sound problems.

I've noticed through concert footage of "tough guy" bands it seems they always violently point at the sound guy then their iem's then motion for them to turn it up multiple times. I find it hard to believe that that many sound problems occur. Its like they try to make the audience see that they're having sound problems.

Yes as a failed attempt to cover up a crappy performance - seen it a thousand times. :wtf:

I"ve been to a few "large" gigs lately in major venues where the sound has been pretty crappy - not that this is always the sound guy's fault as the venue plays a part, but still..

Prime issue has been over the top volume on the kick drum which completely obliterates the bass playing and, when I went to see Fleet Foxes who do the quiet/loud thing a lot, you can hear the vocals in the quiet bits but then bass, drums, more instruments kick in and their lost completely.

That's one of my major bitches actually, not hearing the lead vocals...

I'm going to remember to take some standard sleep type ear plugs next time... not for the volume control but everything just sounds much clearer when it's filtered through them.

Oh, now that's GOT to be easy to deal with- just give 'em what they want- LOTS OF IT! Crank those little in-ear puppies way up, till they feedback in the asshole's ears. Once should be enough...

Back