Takamine EG320C opinions?

Takamine G series

I bought a G280 a few years ago for $250 and it is decent but not great. I haven't been very impressed with the passive electronics but I think they are better on the one you are considering.
It took me a while to get used to the width of the neck at the nut but now it isn't a problem. Another thing I didn't like was that the frets weren't dressed very well along the edges of the neck.

It does have good intonation and playability. I've been using Elixar strings on mine but I've come to the conclusion that they make it sound too bright. I can't say whether it will be an upgrade from the Jasmine. Mail ordering a guitar is a hit and miss proposition anyhow. Good luck.

In that price range, I think that Alvarez and Yamaha rule the roost. Also I see nods for Washburn and Ibanez as well in the $200-ish price range. Go and play a few and see what you can find!

Also don't forget about pawn shops and the "used" section at your local guitar shop.

I have the EG330c model that I bought around 1998. It's a tank. It goes camping with me every summer here in Oklahoma where the heat and humidty can't be good for a guitar. But it's survived every summer. It plays great (nice action and neck) and everyone who plays it loves how it feels. It sounds good too. I've played many acoustic guitars that sound much worse than mine and I've played many that sound much better. It is what it is... a good mid-level acoustic guitar.

However, I paid around $500 for mine, so I have no idea what the differences are between the EG330c and the EG320c.

I would agree with the Washburn suggestion. I've played some of the cheaper Washburn acoustics and they sound and play surprisingly well. Just keep in mind that acoustic guitars are very much in the category of products in which you get what you pay for. If you want a great sounding acoustic, be prepared to fork over some serious cash.

Hope that helps!

Back