Switching pickup for a Seymour Duncan SHR 1 Hot Rail

vintagetobes

Hi, am planning to switch one of the pickups in my american strat for a Seymour Duncan SHR 1 Hot Rail but im not sure which one to change. The pickup i use least is the bridge one but if i switched this the new sound would be too trebly right? So for the fatter sound would it be best to switch it for the neck one? Also in this book i have it says the neck should be removed when you change a pickup. This seems pointless? Is it?

Cheers guys

I just installed one in the middle position of my strat and it sounds fantastic. The SHR-1 is a very powerful pickup and it is also quiet. I've tried these pickups in every position of various strats and they always sound great.

I hadn't considered the middle pickup to be honest. I am planning to use this pick up for mostly rhythm guitar but the occasional solo in an emo/indie style leaving the other pickups for the jazzy side of our music. Which position would you suggest for this?

Cheers

Despite what you have suggested, i've ordered a neck position one, simply because thats the pickup position i use most when playing the music this new pickup is intended for.
Thanks

Back