support group

kidkage

Bored of Canada
Guys.
after I buy this midi keyboard monitor stands and novation nocturn. I don't need to buy anything else :p
For real. I have a solid pc. Daw. Gear.
Its got to the point where buying things is getting in the way of the music :eek:
Ever happened to you? Lolz
and my poor bass traps are still waiting to be built .

I need to start saving again.
I don't know if I have the will power so each person who reads this iz responsible :D

If i go to buy anything else. Cyber slap me. :laughings:

:facepalm:
And druggies think their hobby is addictive and expensive

It's called "GAS" Gear Acquisition Syndrome. Debilitating! Stop buying for a week, and just start using the gear. Download some free VSTis when you feel the need to spend more. New gear can inspire you, but you've got to stop and use it! :guitar:

I used to have it bad. I still get the itch but now I can't afford to scratch it. But I can't complain. My stuff is old but I can do exactly what I want to do. I'm STILL learning how to use what I have.

A few hundred dollars ago I said I wouldn't buy any more gear until I recorded enough songs for an album. Then I played an SG with some EMG pickups, had to get that - then I decided to replace the pickups in my ibanez with some EMG clones instead of selling it, then I decided I needed a switchable rack power strip and a three-guitar stand.

Whatever.

It's much better than a coke habit. You can't sell used coke - but if you buy quality gear you can always get a decent portion of your money back... You still might ending up losing your home, your friends and your family, but at least you will still have gear :)

Now if you will excuse me I have to go browse the new Sweetwater catalog...

Guys.
after I buy this midi keyboard monitor stands and novation nocturn. I don't need to buy anything else :p
For real. I have a solid pc. Daw. Gear.
Its got to the point where buying things is getting in the way of the music :eek:
Ever happened to you? Lolz
and my poor bass traps are still waiting to be built .

I need to start saving again.
I don't know if I have the will power so each person who reads this iz responsible :D

If i go to buy anything else. Cyber slap me. :laughings:

:facepalm:
And druggies think their hobby is addictive and expensive

So...................

What have you got your eye on now that you need a little helping nudge with? -- I say Purchase it!

We need to start a new thread, something like "G.A.S. Anonymous".... Only it isn't going be very anonymous. :D
I got the Sweetwaters catalog on Thursday. My head still hurts. :(

New gear can inspire you, but you've got to stop and use it! :guitar:

Yeah, I'm taking those words in for sure!
I find myself just glued to magazines and sites looking for the next thing that can be really useful... but, buying the gear and playing with it ironically ends up getting in the way of the work flow :p

I'm going to Dr Phil for a minute: Like you said, something new can be really inspiring. I'll never forget how much I started writing when I got my first halfstack, or Tascam... I think I'm trying to capture that inspiration over and over again.
dr_phil_knows_best.png

I knew last spring when I began my overhaul I wouldn't be doing any serious writing or anything for a while because I'd be caught up in getting a solid computer based rig set-up. Monitors, interface, outboard. Stuff I never worried about up to that point. Having to search for the right stuff, and then work to get it. And of course figuring out how to use it and all that good stuff.
I had to piece it together. Interface here. Monitors there. Software here. Cables there. Whatever else everywhere else.
That's all taken care of now, but I'm having trouble exiting that "looking for new shit" mode :p. I'm going to stop before it reaches the point where I've hoarded so much gear that I'm trying to learn about that it becomes a challenge (a bad one- not the good kind). Thus making music would be a challenge. That would be dangerously pointless.

NOoooooooooooooooooooooo - what are you talking about?

KEEP getting that gear.

You know that reminds me. I haven't mentioned that I'm not planning on never buying anything again :p
I mainly need to cool it for a year. I've mentioned in the studio build thread that my house is expecting an extension around spring/summer 2013. Which would become my new space.
I've got to dump all my fund-age into that. After that though... dont worry moresound :D... Then I'll need (...er...ok- want) plenty of new gear. (luckily lava lamps are transferable). And I expect it's only natural that I'll need an ev re20 after that. I know a guy that seems to recommend them ;)

Finally starting building my bass traps tomorrow after having had the supplies since November. I need to have a treated space for properly spaced monitors after all!
So all you basstrapophiles look forward to a thread on that in the studio forum :D

Back