Suggestions on room treatments

thegatekeeper

Hey guys been a member of this board for a while and now, I'm finally in the position where I can do some acoutic treament for my control room. I have posted a blueprint of my room and a few pics, any suggestions or comments on what to do acoustically would be greatly appreciated. Here are the specs on the room. The walls are sheet rock, can't touch the walls, will loose too much room, my left wall from the workstation, has a concrete slab in it, and to my right is the boiler room. The cielieing above the desk is sheetrock, but at approx. 75" from the back wall, there is a drop in the cieleing of about 9" of drop cieling stuff, like that you see in the big offices. There is also a concrete column in the room that has a layer of sheet rock over it. The floor is also concrete, and a rug will be installed today if not tomorrow. If you guys have any comments on what to do, I have all day today and tomorrow, to make panels if I need them. Any plans also on the traps if you guys have any would greatly be appreciated. Any links on information would also be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• blueprint.GIF
    blueprint.GIF
    21.6 KB · Views: 122
You'll need a corner trap across the corner formed by your side wall and the side of that concrete column facing your work station, or you'll have all kinds of reflection problems at tne mix position - also, do the same where your ceiling drops down - diagonal, at least 2" rigid fiberglass or mineral wool. For the column, 3" or thicker. Likewise for any other available corners, especially if your room's all concrete. More absorption behind the sofa, the room's too short for diffusion to work well unless it's pretty shallow for higher frequencies.

If you can afford this

http://www.rpginc.com/products/flutterfree/index.htm

for the side walls, it will keep the room from getting too "dead" and still avoid flutter; otherwise, 2 foot squares of absorbent on opposing walls will help... Steve

I have been searching for these plans for a long time. Thanks dude. These plans I saw a long time ago, and I like the fact that it has holes in the frame. Thanks again

Back