Studio, Work in progress

JeffLancaster said:
Nice pics man - looking pretty good! You guys have been working hard. You have a totally cool Dad to support your hobby and help out like that, I hope you let him know how much you appreciate his efforts. Can't wait to see how it looks finished with your gear set up in there!
Thank you man, he does his parenting quite well

msblaze said:
what size is the space your working with for everything?
The live room is 14x9 I think, the other space is uhm.. 7x9, i think, but half of it is used for furnace/such

Nick The Man said:
wooow man your lucky
Very true.

jaykeMURD said:
Dang man, I wish I'd had an unfiinshed basement to work with!
What color scheme(s) are you going to be going with?
Isn't bulding your own stuff so much fun!
The floor is, uh, "Griffen Grey", and the walls are "Stone Quary", i think they are the gayest names I could find, the light fixtures are stainless steel with a blue globe and halogen bulbs, So basicaly, greys and blues, I gotta say, it's fun but I did not realize how much work I was getting into, ah, all for the love of music.

88fingers said:
I just wish I had a basement when I was younger that I could have done something similar for my band. It looks really nice man, I hope everything turns out well.
Thanks, its better than I could have imagined

Took a break today, finaly.

-jeffrey

OhSh1rt said:
@SonicClang:
14 gauge actualy, hope it should do alright

There is an outlet in the studio, however, that is on a diffrent breaker so if power becomes a problem I can stick the computer and two poweramps on it.

The PA to be ran in there is beond underpowered so, 400watts at max (*sigh*)

and well if it all burns down we do have home owners insurance, but would they cover work done without a permit by some guy and guy? Doubt it.

You probably would have benefitted from a few more outlets on different circuits, but you'll probably be ok. But since you only ran 14 gage, please, whatever you do, do not install a 20 amp breaker on it. If you do that your wire then becomes a fuse, which would result in fire. Keep it at a 15 amp breaker and try your best to balance between the two circuits you have.

And no, insurance doesn't cover bad/faulty wiring. The fire inspecter will come in there, find the cause, and the insurance company will tell you you're screwed.

This thread is funny. Someone had too much coffee that day i guess.

It's my belief that even the most terrible, misdirected angry thread can continue ad nauseum into eternity. It is my job to find obscure, ridiculous posts from months ago, and repost just to keep them alive.

EXCALIBUR!!!

brendandwyer said:
This thread is funny. Someone had too much coffee that day i guess.

It's my belief that even the most terrible, misdirected angry thread can continue ad nauseum into eternity. It is my job to find obscure, ridiculous posts from months ago, and repost just to keep them alive.

EXCALIBUR!!!

What the hell are you talking about.

@SonicClang: Already got that, 15 amp GFI so just incase I install a bathtub in there I will be protected.

-jeffrey

Oh no no. I love your question. Most of the responses you got were ridiculous. Good for you Jeffrey, and did someone call you an asswipe? that's funny too

I just hope when I get around to posting all my studio pictures you don't tell me I'm not the one really building it...
No prob Sonic ;) I know you're the builder :D Can't wait to see the finished studio. BTW, I've been working on mine as well, and have a ton of pics too. But I'm waiting till I get my 703 before I post them.
fitZ :)

Back