Studio Quality

I just want settings. dont be a lil bitch.

Ignore these guys, they can be real jerks. To answer your question:
1) Insert the Professional Sound VST
2) Open the presets.
3) Click on "Sound Professional"
4) Record any dam thing you want now, you have the "Professional Preset" so it all sounds good.:laughings:

Let us know how you make out!

5db boost at 20hz, wide Q
20db boost at 10khz, narrow Q
6db cut at 11khz, narrow Q
30db boost at 19khz, narrow Q
roll off all the highs above 13khz
Gain - 7
Volume -4.2dbVU
Reverb - room size 90ftx2ft, preverb at mid (about 4.9467) post gain at max.
Compressor - Fast attack (about 7), low threshhold (24.639), post gain at max.
Limiter - Max
Stepfilter - quarter notes hi freq, rest scooped, post gain at min
Widener - 27 feet, post gain =((27feet*average RMS)/(base pan*peak RMS)
Chorus - minimalist...rate 1, resonance 5, post gain -67

This should basically give you the studio vocal sound you're looking for. In fact, this is the goto 'magic' setting for any track. Make sure to do this to all tracks in your mix, and then the master bus, as well as any group or FX tracks you're using, otherwise it will severely bork your vocals. It will also help to add that extra bit of polish if you duplicate each track and reverse the phase on the copy. If it doesn't sound right, it's probably because you miscalculated the post gain on the widener. You may have to adjust your calculation depending on your listening volume. To help you with this, check out some info on nyquist theory.

Once you've done all of this, mix it down, put the finished tune back into your DAW as one audio event, and apply a normalizer set a 4. Don't set it at anything else. All normalizers should be set to 4.

Hope this helps.

Hey, I was going to post this... :spank: Those are THE settings. It used to be a gov't secret, but Wikileaks posted it a month ago. :mad:

I don't want exact steps on TO get studio quality vocals. I want exact steps on HOW to get studio quality vocals. But thanks anyways :)

there ARE no exact steps to get studio quality vocals and, for that matter, it's a subject of debate as to whether it's even possible to get studio quality vox with home gear.

You're simply gonna have to spend some time learning about all of the processes or you're not gonna be able to do it.

EDIT: ah hell, I tried to post a reasonable answer before reading the whole thread!

Not likely anything we say is gonna be of any use is it?

:laughings:

While all you pro's are explaining how to do stuff so pro, can you tell me how to play guitar like a pro? I want a Zakk Wylde kind of tone, the soul of Dimebag Darrell, I should be at least as fast as Marty Friedman, and I need to pull off sweeps and rakes like KK Downing. And I don't need a bunch of shit from you sarcastic lil bitches, just tell me which frets to put my fingers on.

While all you pro's are explaining how to do stuff so pro, can you tell me how to play guitar like a pro? I want a Zakk Wylde kind of tone, the soul of Dimebag Darrell, I should be at least as fast as Marty Friedman, and I need to pull off sweeps and rakes like KK Downing. And I don't need a bunch of shit from you sarcastic lil bitches, just tell me which frets to put my fingers on.

---
---
---
-2-
-2-
-0-

This is all you need to know.

You guys are fags, im fucking 13 you shitheads. Not 8 you fucker. And stop talking Austin like i'm not here. You guys are just white faggots.

You guys are fags, im fucking 13 you shitheads. Not 8 you fucker. And stop talking Austin like i'm not here. You guys are just white faggots.

The fact is, you weren't here. You posted, lashed out at those trying to help you, got what you had coming, and disappeared off the face of the planet (Planet HR, that is..) -- other than spamming a couple other forums with the same question.

You're going to be well-liked here. :cool:

Thank You :) Too bad I DON'T LIKE YOU.

crying.gif

IMO, the key to professional recording is made up of a number of personality traits.

i think it's incredibly important to be abrasive and argumentative.
It helps if you asked vague questions, and you will gain notoriety and success if your questions are impossible to answer.

Swearing at people is a must, especially if those people are in a position to help you, but above all,

the single most important thing is to make attempts at introducing racial origin and sexual orientation into your arguments and debates.
Assuming that everyone who disagrees with you or doesn't help is white and homosexual, and then telling them that they're white and homosexual, is a must.

All in all, i think you have it sussed.

Back