studio connections help please

leonardopete

hello

can you tell me if are right those connections, please?
I have audient asp4816, a multitrack tape machine, allen heath ice16d interface
i would like to record with tape or with daw and use two faders for each channel (short and long) one for the rec level and the other for monitoring what i record

mic ---> console channels inputs

DAW send of console channels ----> tape machine inputs
tape machine outputs ----> DAW return of console channels

Bus out of console ----> A&H ICE16D inputs
A&H ICE16D outputs ----> DAW in of console

A&H ICE16D usb or firewire output ----> mac

Line send of console channels ----> fx processor input
fx processor output -----> line return of console channels

if i want to mix using the audient after recording do i need automated faders for using the daw?

Thanks

Last edited:
Something about giving free advice on a home recording forum to someone with a $15,000 console just feels wrong. If you can afford that you can afford professional assistance.

Something about giving free advice on a home recording forum to someone with a $15,000 console just feels wrong. If you can afford that you can afford professional assistance.

sorry but i received this console from a special person that is not here no more.
ps i think that envy is not something good and positive... if you want to answer do that, if not don't answer. you can't know why i have this console and why i don't know how to wire a studio

sorry about that

Sorry to hear about that. It's just a little out of the ordinary and triggered my suspicious side, like a "fell off the truck" sort of deal. Let me look at that gear and see what it does.

It looks like you might be asking a bit much from that console. To get those functions you need to connect things to specific inputs/outputs, but I don't see how you have enough to connect the DAW and the tape machine.

The simplest thing to do would be to get some D-sub cables made for the tape deck and connect one or the other recording system at a time. For transferring from tape to DAW connect the interface as usual and the tape deck's outputs to the console's line inputs, or just connect the tape deck's outputs straight to the interface's inputs.

It looks like you might be asking a bit much from that console. To get those functions you need to connect things to specific inputs/outputs, but I don't see how you have enough to connect the DAW and the tape machine.

The simplest thing to do would be to get some D-sub cables made for the tape deck and connect one or the other recording system at a time. For transferring from tape to DAW connect the interface as usual and the tape deck's outputs to the console's line inputs, or just connect the tape deck's outputs straight to the interface's inputs.

no prob mate.

i would like to use the tape or the daw ( i understood that i can't use them together)
so i have to link in this way: Bus out of console ----> A&H ICE16D inputs
A&H ICE16D outputs ----> DAW in of console

?

thanks

Back