strange noises

art_lessing

so I am recording live into cep2 from a mixboard....when I plug the rca cables into the outs..there is noise when I record..like a hissing and a staticy thing...is it my mixboard?...I don't hear it till I am done recording...

DQ

so I am recording live into cep2 from a mixboard....when I plug the rca cables into the outs..there is noise when I record..like a hissing and a staticy thing...is it my mixboard?...I don't hear it till I am done recording...

DQ

I have a similar problem when I am using my M-Audio Firewire 410. Sometimes I get computer noise. Move your mouse a little and see if you can hear a corresponding noise. If so it could be your interface making the noise. I have a Alesis 16 channel firewire mixer and it is quiet as a mouse. To be clear I am having this problem with Audition 2.0 and not a earlier version of Cool Edit.

I have a similar problem when I am using my M-Audio Firewire 410. Sometimes I get computer noise. Move your mouse a little and see if you can hear a corresponding noise. If so it could be your interface making the noise. I have a Alesis 16 channel firewire mixer and it is quiet as a mouse. To be clear I am having this problem with Audition 2.0 and not a earlier version of Cool Edit.

I use very same interface but I did not disable my onboard sound card.
All of my recording/mixing software is routed to M-Audio F410 but everything else (like Skype, streaming from the internet, MSN messenger etc goes through my onboard card.) Yes, there is a noise there but it goes through onboard card and my recordings are unaffected. ( I connected PC-card output to my stereo but M-Audio output to my active monitors so they live to separate lives)
So if you have disabled your onboard card everything on your computer is routed to M-Audio F410. Noise too.
I know that everyone advises to disable onboard card but I did not because from my experience it's better not to do that if you don't use your computer for audio only.

the noise reduction plugins are pretty good in that software... are you familiar with that aspect yet? leave several seconds of "silence" before and after every take... sample that for noise reduction...unless you got somethign really bad/weird it usually does a pretty good job of tyaking it out once you get used to tweaking the NR settings...

Back