Stone Temple Pilots Plush cover

Dude, this sounds horrible.

The guitars are way too fuzzy. The vocals are completely buried, the toms
sound "machine-gunny", and almost everything sounds like its clipping bad.

The only thing that sounds decent is the kick and snare.

Yeah that was pretty bad.

Clipping galore.

Sorry to say this, but it almost feels like the MP3 Mixing Clinic version of good ol' internet trolling...

Yeah that was pretty bad.

Clipping galore.

Sorry to say this, but it almost feels like the MP3 Mixing Clinic version of good ol' internet trolling...

Maybe it's artistic clipping..:P On the other side, the other song in his playlist isn't clipped at all.

Well, you certainly managed to make a nice mess of one of my favourite songs and bands of all time....but if that was intentional, well done....:rolleyes:

Yeah... I listened to this last night, and couldn't finish it. Decided not to post anything because I was pretty sure my speakers were whacked. Evidently, they weren't.

it's not clipped, it's put into a tube saturator plugin to make it sound warm and fat. I have normal, I guess "good" sounding songs recorded in the link in my sig, I know how to engineer stuff dawg. I know how to rock and roll BIG TIME.

Anyways, i think my version sounds better than the original which sucks nards. I take it you guys just aren't into my style of music?

I'm really sorry to say this but, please don't go all JordanD on me, dude.
Please consider the fact that several other people posted the same comments about the bad clipping ( especially on the crashes and toms ).
Maybe try to bypass the tube saturator and see how that sounds.

Good luck!

I like that sound though, otherwise I wouldn't have turned the sat knob up to 11! Sorry if I came off rude in my other post.

Also what do you guys think is a cooler style for my music, stuff like "Plush" and "The Boys Are Back In Town", or my older style--songs like "Won't Get Fooled Again" on my myspace playlist? I don't know if the new direction I'm taking is quite as cool as my older stuff.

Hey BRIEFCASEMANX,

Didn't mean to attack you man. If you like your sound, then just go with it!:) But I would handle the mix differently, as you can see in my previous comment, but that's just my opinion.

Last edited:
There are a lot of things about this that are killing me. Keep the covers to a minimum please, that s#!t is annoying.

I like that sound though, otherwise I wouldn't have turned the sat knob up to 11! Sorry if I came off rude in my other post.

Also what do you guys think is a cooler style for my music, stuff like "Plush" and "The Boys Are Back In Town", or my older style--songs like "Won't Get Fooled Again" on my myspace playlist? I don't know if the new direction I'm taking is quite as cool as my older stuff.

I'm not sure if anything on your myspace link is particularly cool. Butchering classic songs is great fun and I'm all for it, but your attempts aren't interesting and they don't sound good at all. "Won't get fooled again" is a train wreck. I mean seriously dude, do you really think your STP "cover" sounds good? I don't like STP either, but damn, surely you can do better than that. It seems as if you're trying a little too hard to be ironic.

Back